PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything worse than weak coffee?

James81
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Gah...I just drank a cup of the weakest coffee I think I've ever had. It was almost like drinking water.

It's always cracked me up how simple things like coffee and tea are to make, but how vastly different they can taste depending on who makes them. And that some people, no matter how hard they try, can't make either of them. :tongue

So tell me, what is worse than a weak cup of coffee? Cause man, that was terrible.

YAwriter72
10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Nothing. There is nothing in the entire world worst than a weak cup of coffee. Blech.

Course I like my spoon standing up in my coffee, LOL :Coffee:

BenPanced
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Flat root beer.

Lock. Thread.

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Ugh. We make our own coffee, us girls in the front office. And once I made the mistake of letting on particular woman make the coffee. Never again. It was so incredibly weak. Now I make it every day.

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Flat root beer.

Lock. Thread.

Oooh, good point.

James81
10-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Flat root beer.

Lock. Thread.

You win good sir. You win. :roll:

cray
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
no coffee at all sucks eggs too.
just sayin'.

MoonWriter
10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm with cray. Weak coffee is better than no coffee. What's worse than no coffee? How about an undercooked fried egg where the albumen slowly spreads across your plate?

Thump
10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
The free coffee from our floor's vending machine. Rather than give us a kettle and instant coffee (which would be infinitely better), they have this machine that offers loads of choice but everything tastes like sludge or mud but you have to drink it because my word is so mind-numbingly boring I need the caffeine. >_<

And we can't bring our own kettle because it's a fire hazard apparently.

Leah J. Utas
10-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I have no business responding, but I will anyway.
Until a little while ago I liked my coffee strong. Double what most people would drink. If it didn't argue on the way down, then there was no point in drinking it.
One day I had the urge to thin it and I did. Now I take it so thin it barely qualifies as coffee.
In short, there's nothing worse than weak coffee unless something weird has possessed you and you now have to have it that way.

I'll go quietly.

Priene
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Is there anything worse than weak coffee?

Strong coffee.

YAwriter72
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm with cray. Weak coffee is better than no coffee. What's worse than no coffee? How about an undercooked fried egg where the albumen slowly spreads across your plate?

*gag* Oh God, that is repulsive.

cray
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM

*makes toast*

*mops up undercooked egg and eats it*

yum yum.

JoeEkaitis
10-27-2009, 05:56 PM
A close second.

http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Joe-Ekaitis/off_coff.gif

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I have no business responding, but I will anyway.
Until a little while ago I liked my coffee strong. Double what most people would drink. If it didn't argue on the way down, then there was no point in drinking it.
One day I had the urge to thin it and I did. Now I take it so thin it barely qualifies as coffee.
In short, there's nothing worse than weak coffee unless something weird has possessed you and you now have to have it that way.

I'll go quietly.

That is definitely...strange...

backslashbaby
10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
The egg thing, yes. Ugh.

Worse than weak coffee - which sucks - is coffee so old and burnt that creamer turns it grey. *shudder*

Thump
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I love super runny eggs. I even eat them raw with a bit of salt when they come from a good farm and are very fresh. Delish!

The tea at our office is somewhat better than the coffee. My guess is that because I live in England, the company that provides the horror in the machines just couldn't bring themselves to commit such a heresy as providing tea that was worse than their coffee. You can only go so far before you feel dirty I guess ;)

Cella
10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I like all kinds of eggs as long as they have enough salt on them.

Now, as far as the coffee goes.....

I have to have cream. So, the worst for me is when I pour the coffee and sugar only to realize that there is NO cream.

so, I vote that no cream for the coffee is worse.

thank you, Good Sir.

CaroGirl
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I just drank a cup of coffee without sugar. I was in the kitchen getting coffee and got distracted. I went back to my desk and starting drinking it but was too lazy to go back and get sugar. But it was icky.

Ellefire
10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
i drink coffee very strong with no sugar and a splash of milk. Dh drinks it weaker with sugar and more milk (builder's coffee urgh)
I find it hilarious when he picks the wrong mug up and drinks it without looking. Take that coffee stealer!

MGraybosch
10-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Aside from weak beer or soft rock music?

BenPanced
10-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Aside from weak beer or soft rock music?
"Lite" beer and "lite" rock.

Shakesbear
10-27-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes - weak coffee with grappa in it! blech!

And ice in Scotch.

Gregg
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
warm beer is just as bad

under-browned toast at restaurants is a real pet peeve of mine. "Raw" toast is bad.

Kitty Pryde
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
So tell me, what is worse than a weak cup of coffee? Cause man, that was terrible.

My dad was on nuclear submarines in the Navy. He swears this story is true. Apparently life on a submarine consists of long stretches of boredom and doing horrible things to one's crewmates. Anyways, so this guy is on watch and another guy brings him coffee. There's some sort of longstanding feud/prank war/mutually assured destruction pact between them. The guy stirs his coffee with a pen...and a single kernel of corn floats to the top. He thinks for a minute. They had corn for dinner the night before last.

Yes, that's right, the only thing worse than weak coffee: poop coffee.

brainstorm77
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
No! That's why at work I insist on making it.

Shadow_Ferret
10-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Tea.

brainstorm77
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Tea.:D

bettielee
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Anything worse than weak coffee?

Yes.

Decaff. bleh!!!

Satori1977
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I like my coffee strong. With sugar and vanilla caramel creamer. Yes, I am a girl. But no coffee is worse than weak coffee. I was so tired and lazy this morning that I reheated yesterdays coffee. Didn't clean out the pot and was running late bringing my daughter to school. So I poured a cup and zapped it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I can't function without coffee.

Satori1977
10-27-2009, 08:12 PM

Yes.

Decaff. bleh!!!

I agree. What is the point of drinking coffee if there is no caffeine??

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I agree. What is the point of drinking coffee if there is no caffeine??

Exactly! Does anyone actually enjoy the taste of coffee? Noooooo!!!

I keep seeing this thread and now I want some.

Coffee, that is.

James81
10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Does anyone actually enjoy the taste of coffee?

Hmmm...I don't know if this counts or not, but when I add cream and sugar to coffee, I enjoy the taste. Even if it's decaf. Coffee with nothing in it? It has to be made PERFECT (which it rarely ever is) for me to enjoy the taste. Most of the time I at least have to add sugar.

I prefer caffenated (sp?) coffee though, because it does taste better.

But I've been drinking coffee of and on since I was a kid (maybe 10). I used to sit around the table at my parents house and listen to the adults talk and I'd drink my coffee. :tongue

stormie
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I just drank a cup of coffee without sugar. I was in the kitchen getting coffee and got distracted. I went back to my desk and starting drinking it but was too lazy to go back and get sugar. But it was icky.
Yep, coffee without sugar--ugh.

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...I don't know if this counts or not, but when I add cream and sugar to coffee, I enjoy the taste. Even if it's decaf. Coffee with nothing in it? It has to be made PERFECT (which it rarely ever is) for me to enjoy the taste. Most of the time I at least have to add sugar.

I prefer caffenated (sp?) coffee though, because it does taste better.

But I've been drinking coffee of and on since I was a kid (maybe 10). I used to sit around the table at my parents house and listen to the adults talk and I'd drink my coffee. :tongue

Nah, that doesn't count. I use Splenda and enjoy the taste.

But beer and wine and tequila is all much better.

Blarg
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Worst of all is armpit coffee. You know, that taste you get when someone hasn't been cleaning the coffee brewer out for a while, so even the best coffee winds up tasting like a nap in a vagabond's armpit?

sassandgroove
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Is there anything worse than weak coffee? no coffee?

BenPanced
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Weak coffee is like lousy sex. You pretend to enjoy it but ultimately everybody winds up disappointed.

AnonymousWriter
10-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Strong coffee.

Just about to say this.

Tink
10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Weak coffee is like lousy sex. You pretend to enjoy it but ultimately everybody winds up disappointed.Couldn't have said it better myself. :evil

DragonHeart
10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Weak coffee is pointless to me. My mom's fiancee makes it so weak it's basically coffee-flavored water. Blech. But then again, he'll drink cold coffee that's been sitting out all day....even if it's already been 'put together' with creamer and sugar. Nasty.

How about coffee made with reused coffee grounds? One of my coworkers makes a pot of coffee first thing in the morning and lets it sits there...burning...all day long. Then she uses the grounds to make another pot, sometimes waiting until the next day to do so. Disgusting. And it's a communal coffee maker so of course it never gets cleaned. I'm surprised she hasn't made herself sick doing that. No one else ever touches her coffee even though she makes an entire pot of it to share. We know better.

I do not drink the coffee at work, ever. I either bring my own (I do make the best coffee ever) or I make my boss go buy me one hah.

Blarg
10-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Same where I work. The lady who makes the coffee never rinses the brewer or gives the pot a wash. She leaves the same coffee in the pot overnight. So most of what she makes per day goes to waste.

Vespertilion
10-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Biting into a Whopper where the inside has gone all chewy. At least I can look at the coffee and probably tell it's weak.

Ambrosia
10-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Gah...I just drank a cup of the weakest coffee I think I've ever had. It was almost like drinking water.
<snipped>
So tell me, what is worse than a weak cup of coffee? Cause man, that was terrible.Strong, bitter coffee.

I hate strong coffee. However, I am not a fan of very weak coffee, either. It needs to have enough brew time to taste the coffee. But not enough to stand a spoon in it.

I used to think Starbucks had the worst coffee. Then, Denny's changed their coffee after people complained it was too strong and bitter. And what did they change it to? A stronger, more bitter blend. Frickin' geniuses. I have discovered it is almost drinkable if you mix it half and half with hot water, add cream, and a little salt to take away some of the bitterness.

cray
10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
and a little salt...

:Wha:

Freelancer
10-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Yup! A second round from that one. :) I prefer strong Hungarian coffee with lots of milk.

BenPanced
10-28-2009, 12:19 AM
How about coffee made with reused coffee grounds? One of my coworkers makes a pot of coffee first thing in the morning and lets it sits there...burning...all day long. Then she uses the grounds to make another pot, sometimes waiting until the next day to do so. Disgusting. And it's a communal coffee maker so of course it never gets cleaned. I'm surprised she hasn't made herself sick doing that. No one else ever touches her coffee even though she makes an entire pot of it to share. We know better.
*runs upstairs crying*

Ambrosia
10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Don't look all funny at me like that, Cray. If the coffee is bitter, take just a few grains of salt and stir it in and it will remove the bitterness. It works. Honest. :D

DWSTXS
10-28-2009, 01:19 AM
There are a couple of things worse than too-weak coffee, in my opinion.

#1 - coffee in which you've stirred in a couple (4) spoon-fulls of sugar, and then when you take your first sip, you realize that someone has accidentally (?) put SALT into the sugar shaker. blecchh!

#2 - years ago I worked in a retail store, and in the back we had a coffee maker set up and one morning I am standing there watching my co-worker make the first pot of the day. First he dumps in about 3X as much coffee as one would normally use, and then, on top of that, he dumps in about half a jar of instant coffee. Stop! I yell at him. What? he asks. I say to him, where the hell did you learn to make coffee like that? In prison he says. (He'd done 2 years for weed sales) So, I tell him, it's no wonder the inmates are killing each other in there! double-blecchh!

MoonWriter
10-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Back in the day when I used to chew, I once got my coffee cup mixed up with my spit cup and swallowed a mouthfull of warm spit. My gag reflexes kicked in and I started puking out of the window before I could stop my truck. So, I'd say warm spit is a little worse than weak coffee.

Cassiopeia
10-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Worse than weak coffee?

Sure, Olive Garden masquerading as Italian food. :) You have all the anticipation that it will be just like Grandma's cooking and you put a bite in your mouth and have to fight with all your might not to spit it back out on your plate.

Because that would just be bad manners.

MGraybosch
10-28-2009, 01:48 AM
-the people who tell me I should stop drinking coffee.

There's a little song you should sing for such people. It's called "It's my funeral and I'll die if I want to". I sing it when people suggest I go vegan. :)

DWSTXS
10-28-2009, 01:54 AM
There's a little song you should sing for such people. It's called "It's my funeral and I'll die if I want to". I sing it when people suggest I go vegan. :)

people suggesting that you go vegan?

next time, just show them your t-shirt that says 'For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three!'

It just might make them go away.

Cassiopeia
10-28-2009, 01:55 AM
-the people who tell me I should stop drinking coffee.
I've stopped drinking coffee just this last week. I think I'm having more emotional withdrawals than physical. It snowed today and I so wanted a pumpkin spice latte. *sob*

MGraybosch
10-28-2009, 01:57 AM
people suggesting that you go vegan? next time, just show them your t-shirt that says 'For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three!'

My t-shirt actually says, "I'm a humanitarian."

BenPanced
10-28-2009, 03:49 AM

Weak writing.

Lock. Thread.

CDaniel
10-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Cold coffee is about the worst thing I can think of.

Wayne K
10-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Flat beer. Cold people. Unrequited love. Bad sex. War. Famine. Disease.

I have more.

Wayne K
10-28-2009, 03:55 AM
In that order.

BigWords
10-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Weak scotch is the only thing I can think of which is worse than weak coffee... :D

CDaniel
10-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Yeah, you got me there.

Matera the Mad
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Lukewarm coffee
Stale beer
Sticky tables

sheadakota
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Cold coffee is about the worst thing I can think of.
Gotta agree with this- Sorry Wayne, famine has nothing over cold, weak coffee- :tongue

darkprincealain
10-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Civil War; warm, weak beer; and slow soft rock. Seeing someone make one of the mistakes in Matera's sig.

MGraybosch
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I'd rather drink weak coffee than have to listen to Stryper.

BenPanced
10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd rather shove needles in my eyes than listen to Stryper.