PDA

View Full Version : Call for Novel/Novella Length Manuscripts

scifibunny
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
For both fiction, and non fiction.

Please see our website for more details (guidelines and such).

http://www.kasmapublishing.com/

Best Wishes!

jinkang
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, is the Kasma Publishing's main focus on novel/novella, as opposed to short stories for Kasma Magazine? What's the difference between the two?

MumblingSage
10-28-2009, 05:25 AM
I looked over the submission guidelines and I have a few questions. First, it says you're a royalty paying publisher, but what exactly is your pay rate? Does it vary depending on circumstances?

Also, what's your distribution plan for the stories? Will you sell them just on your site, or in bookstores or on Amazon.com, for example? Will they be in both .PDF and hard copy, like the magazine?

Please don't think I'm being interrogatory with all these questions. I'm very glad to see a novella publisher, and that also means I'm very curious.

scifibunny
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Pay Rate is 15% of the cover price. Distribution is both in PDF and hard copy, at the moment only through our website.

To answer the other question. Kasma Magazine publishes short and flash fiction. Kasma Publishing doesn't publish anything under 20000 words (except in the case of books for children).

Hope that helped.

JeanneTGC
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Nice looking website. How long has Kasma been publishing? I only see one magazine available for purchase, couldn't browse titles in any of the others sections.

scifibunny
10-29-2009, 06:20 AM
We are a new publisher Jeanne, but we have a few titles scheduled for release in a month or so.

Thanks for the compliment.

Finchlark
11-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Could you just clarify, are you POD publishers?

Greenwolf103
11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Says on the site they don't charge any fees to the authors.....

veinglory
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
POD is a technology, not a fee structure.

Greenwolf103
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I was under the impression Finchlark wanted to know if there were fees involved in getting published. I DO realize that POD publishing is a business model and that many publishers use it. There are also publishers out there who say outright that they are POD and that there are fees involved.

Cliff Face
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
From their website:

"We publish on demand books, giving writers, especially new writers, a platform from which they can sell their work."

Isn't that POD?

Carmy
11-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Um . . . If you sell only from your website, wouldn't that limit marketing to the author's friends and family? How else would people know about your novel, find your site, and go there to buy it?