:
:
:

More spoiler warnings
:
:
:
And even more warnings.

Holy crapola! I cannot cannot cannot believe Snape killed Dumbledore. How can this be??

And I'm glad Ginny and Harry finally hooked up!

Last edited:

Honey Nut Loop

Registered
Reaction score
i KNOW!!!! But i'm pretty sure Snape will redeem himself in the seventh book though. There must be a reason why Dumbledore trusted him after all.

I never thought Dumbledore would die. Never ever.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Just a word of advice here:

If someone happens to slide their cursor over the heading of this thread, the first few sentences will be revealed -- which means someone will know immediately the largest spoiler this book had to offer.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Fixed the problem, thanks katiemac.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Honey Nut Loop said:
i KNOW!!!! But i'm pretty sure Snape will redeem himself in the seventh book though. There must be a reason why Dumbledore trusted him after all.

I suspect that Snape will finally redeem himself by saving Harry--I firmly believe Snape was in love with Lily Evans/Potter. All the info about her being such a good potions student can't have been in there for naught.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Honey Nut Loop said:
Oh and also WHEN is Ron going to ask Hermione out? It is inevitable me thinks no matter what anyone else says.

Poor won-won. :roll: I too think those two are destined to end up together.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
First of all, I loved the book. Finished it in 2 sittings. Good stuff.

Katie and I were just talking about this. I've been in Snapes court all this time. At first I felt really betrayed. I know, I'm strange but I just didn't think he could do something SO rotten. After talking to a few people and reading a few key passages over, I think there's WAY more than meets the eye with Snape and Dumbledore. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I'll let Katie tell you her theories.

Here's one of mine: RAB is Regulus Black. First of all, the initials fit. Second of all, he was killed for finding out "something". Yeah, we know what it is. Horcrux. Discuss. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
Here's one of mine: RAB is Regulus Black. First of all, the initials fit. Second of all, he was killed for finding out "something". Yeah, we know what it is. Horcrux. Discuss. :)

Yes, I absolutely agree about the RAB.

Re the horcrux--is it possible that Harrys scar is one?

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Adams! That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it has to be a person of some sort since Dumbledore said that it would be more complicated to use a living thing as a horcrux. That was a big tip off! My sister says that it's just Harry himself.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
GMTA! And it would fit perfectly with that whole "neither can live while the other is alive" part of the prophecy.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I know! And it would fit into "something from Gryffindor" :) What do you think the other items are? He still needs something from Ravenclaw, if we go with the locket from Slytherin and the cup from Hufflepuff. The Ring was already taken care of and Dumbledore thought Nagini...

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I've been in Snapes court all this time. ... I think there's WAY more than meets the eye with Snape and Dumbledore.

Agreed on all. Has to be Regulus.

I think Dumbledore knew about Snape's oath and basically told him, "If it comes down to someone killing me, you have to do it." They had that fight in the woods that Hagrid overheard, where Snape was saying he "didn't want to do it anymore" -- which I took to mean the evil charade. He was fearful at having had to take the Unbrekable Oath and what he might have to do because of it. I also think Dumbledore wanted Snape to prevent Draco from becoming a murderer. And clearly Dumbledore didn't want Harry hurting either of them or being hurt. He was willing to give himself up to protect the students and wanted Snape to remain undercover.

Poor Snape. So misunderstood. :) I'm glad he finally got the DAtDA job, but like all the other teachers, it was a one-year position. That was a nice touch.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Re the horcrux--is it possible that Harrys scar is one?

I am having a bit of a problem with the Harry-as-Horcrux theory. Might have on think on that for a while. It's a very interesting theory, but (a) Wouldn't it create kind of a problem on Voldemort's part in that he can't kill the person most out to get him [Harry] if Harry ends up being the last Horcrux around? (b) I can see his selecting one living thing, the snake, as a Horcrux, but isn't putting two of your seven Horcrux-eggs into that basket excessively risky? [Not that we know the snake is one; the single living thing might simply be Harry/his scar.], (c) If Voldemort has a piece of himself in Harry, you'd think he'd have known a lot more about what the Dumbledore crowd was up to all the time, and (d) Dumbles said something in this latest book about how Harry was not adversly affected by seeing into Voldemort's mind, but the reverse wasn't true; that second half wouldn't make much sense if Voldemort stashed a bit off himself in Harry [in his scar, or wherever it lives].

On the other hand, it would explain (a) Why Harry is alive, and (b) Why Voldemort doesn't want any of his minions to kill Harry. AND when Harry finds out, he would have to either cut that scar out of his forehead and destroy it [if that would even do the trick] or commit suicide [or beg Ron to kill him - my prediction if Harry IS the Horcrux].

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I think if Harry's the horcrux, Snape will be the one to kill him.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Half-Blood Price

Now, for my big whoa! moment.

Snape is the Half-Blood Prince!?!?!?!

I thought for the entire book that Voldemort was going to be the Half-Blood Prince. It did not occur to me for more than a nanosecond that it was Snape. So although I won a bet with a friend on the "who gets killed off" front [She said Ron; I have been saying for years that Dumbly was a goner, sorry.], I did not see the HBP reveal coming. Not even with all of the potions connections. I was delighted to not have guessed that one. I thought J.K. was just being obvious with her delving into Voldemort's Muggle relations.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I think if Harry's the horcrux, Snape will be the one to kill him.
Do you think Dumbledore knew/suspected that Harry was one of the Horcruxes [??plural?] then?

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:

So [agreeing with that guess], this suggests that Voldemort discovered that RAB took the real locket, but that he wasn't aware that RAB had planted a fake in its place -- that he found out some other way. Maybe he caught him outside the cave, or maybe someone squealed on RAB? Or, RAB was caught in the act of destroying the locket.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
In Sorceror's Stone, Dumbledore said that even if he could remove Harry's scar, he woudn't. Scars can be very useful -- but I'm betting that's because Dumbledore figured there may have been a connection between Harry and Voldemort, not because of a Horcrux.

If one of the Horcrux turns out to be another person, I've decided it can't be Harry, for a couple of reasons. But, imagine the genius here, and Voldemort probably would have known this: Can you take an innocent person's life if it means stopping the bad guy? Easier said than done, especially if it's one of your pals. I have a theory, going back to Chamber of Secrets, it could be Ginny.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he caught him outside the cave, or maybe someone squealed on RAB? Or, RAB was caught in the act of destroying the locket.

Or maybe he was killed in the process of destroying it. Dumbledore said one of the only reasons he didn't end up worse off than his hand when he destroyed the ring was because of Snape.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
katiemac said:
Or maybe he was killed in the process of destroying it. Dumbledore said one of the only reasons he didn't end up worse off than his hand when he destroyed the ring was because of Snape.
That would make sense. I suppose if the "wrong"" person found him, they might be able to deduce what he'd done.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Katie. I really like your Ginny theory. I can see how that would work out really well. Voldemort would know that his relationship with the Weasley's could never be the same if he had to kill Ginny. And they are his only "family" left, really.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
Yeah, Katie. I really like your Ginny theory. I can see how that would work out really well. Voldemort would know that his relationship with the Weasley's could never be the same if he had to kill Ginny. And they are his only "family" left, really.
Plus, Harry thinks he's protected her by breaking up with her. Which would prove to be horribly, ironically, untrue.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
And they are his only "family" left, really.

I've always deduced that there's far too many of them for them all to get out unscathed. I kind of figured Ron was doomed, but now I've changed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.