Status
Not open for further replies.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
What a high Opera is. Full blast in your car driving at 140km through the Grande Massive in France! Anybody share similar kicks? Opera alone in a long car. Perfect cruise music. Leoncavello's Pagliacci ... the clown that's me killing the secret lover of his love. And Pavarotti, if you know what I mean. Only wish I wasn't so slim and meak and sissy like. I'd like to be macho sometimes ... ok my beard's nice and so on but still. Its the same as Pavarotti's. No its better. Its with a tip and salt and pepperish.

Oh where was I? The high yes! And Cavalleria Rusticana! Well that's real French Revolution and true true love that never dies. The lovers die! I like that! Normal life is so boring, don't you think? I hate boring reality. I just want to live in a dream, that's all and etc such and et al.

Oh I had a 'high' trip accross France. (You didn't know I was gone ... or missed me? Oh!) Just wanted to share, ok?

aspier

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
I envy you, man! I would have the Carmina Burana, or the Rhapsody in Blue, you know, something w the ta-ta-ta-taaaaaaaaam, ta-ta, ta-ta, ta-ta, ta-ta-ta-tam and again, fullblast, blowing my already-damaged-ears off my head and brains. Wow! Or some CD w some good Isr pop music.

They are good, really good, some very unique music. Or the Two/Three, or Ten Tenors, if you know what I mean.

Dan

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)

It ain't Opera but it gets me HIGH none-the-less.
Emotewhip.gif

biggrin.gif
Gehanna

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Argo, I love Debussy, Pelleas Et Melisande.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, man, I thought this was a Tour de France thread.

Still... I'm not hooked on opera yet; just need a better pusher. I'll go Debussy any day, or Ray Charles... or The Dead - Europe '72.

As Ellington said: There are only two kinds of music: good music, and the other kind.

I love a cryptic soul!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mum :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Macho

aspier said:
What a high Opera is. Full blast in your car driving at 140km through the Grande Massive in France! Anybody share similar kicks? Opera alone in a long car. Perfect cruise music. Leoncavello's Pagliacci ... the clown that's me killing the secret lover of his love. And Pavarotti, if you know what I mean. Only wish I wasn't so slim and meak and sissy like. I'd like to be macho sometimes ... ok my beard's nice and so on but still. Its the same as Pavarotti's. No its better. Its with a tip and salt and pepperish.

Oh where was I? The high yes! And Cavalleria Rusticana! Well that's real French Revolution and true true love that never dies. The lovers die! I like that! Normal life is so boring, don't you think? I hate boring reality. I just want to live in a dream, that's all and etc such and et al.

Oh I had a 'high' trip accross France. (You didn't know I was gone ... or missed me? Oh!) Just wanted to share, ok?

aspier

If you want to go macho, ditch the high opera. Put on a cowboy hat, get an old pickup, open a can of Colorado Kool-Aid, pop in a Toby Keith CD, crank up the volume, and dare anyone to complain.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Opera horse riding

Jamesaritchie said:
If you want to go macho, ditch the high opera. Put on a cowboy hat, get an old pickup, open a can of Colorado Kool-Aid, pop in a Toby Keith CD, crank up the volume, and dare anyone to complain.

Oh yes Richy, I'm on! Only thing is we can't hit France that way ... they'd think we are English! Ahh what, we cross the border over into Aragon. There's much peace we can disturb cruising up into the hill towns. But I keep my Jasper red pink ring and the green pinky nail, ok?

Boy, I didn't know there were so many Opera lovers in this on-and-off Write and I'm very happy to have struck the cord re this 'cruising' thing. There ARE people who know this concept! Van Morrisson's also a good one with this. Loud and clear 'Sounds of Silence'. I go see him on Saturday, you know. Got a spare ticket. Any lass (may be married) that got nice red shoes and want to come? Say, you think Jenna's got red shoes? Where is she by the way? Oh, I'd love a shoe from her!

And Gehanna! Naughty! But you got the point ... that's why I play Opera! It attracts the real ones! Want to come to Van's? Here's what's happening now in my town http://www.gentsefeesten.be/ Van's part of the scene.

as

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Long fast cars

I love fast cars and loud music. Especially dressed to kill. (Slang- means slinky dress hot shoes Frenchy) Any music, really. I do like opera--it makes me cry. I can't understand the words, but I get the feeling.
Umm...lets talk about the green pinky finger. I want to hear more about that.
I zizzed in on your hometown link. Looks like fun, a carnival. I saw the winning photo (I think that is what it said) the chick in heels and black lace. The guy in sandals looks American. See what happens As? Steal your women...

Yee-Haw! to the guy in the pickup with the Colorado Kool-Aid. You ain't livin' till you try it!! Bumping and laughing over the hills, truck rattling and warm sun. 4x4 if you got it. That's where you go straight up and the truck hangs on!

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
What shoe? What woman? Where?

Paint said:
I love fast cars and loud music. Especially dressed to kill. (Slang- means slinky dress hot shoes Frenchy) Any music, really. I do like opera--it makes me cry. I can't understand the words, but I get the feeling.
Umm...lets talk about the green pinky finger.

Its varnish, Manraytan, green with mud-glitter specks in it. Velly strong. Doesn't scratch or wear off. Once a week and working in the garden, no sweat etc. What woman? What shoe? Where?

Ok, I'll look for it. And stealing away women? Ahh non! Anyway I am in that stage now that it works the other way and its fine fine fine ... for a while, I think. Going into Aragon anyway ... soon with Ritchie. So no fear there.

as

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
reph said:
Don't play anything full blast. Drop in here

http://p080.ezboard.com/btinnitussupport92262

for stories from people who listened to too-loud music.

I saw Uriah Heep about 1979, was too close to the PA stack and ever since, when I listen to loud music it buzzes.

And you know what? I'd do it again. And again.

If you don't like it loud, you might as well cut your ears off at the neck.

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Let's get back to music before we lose these people...

Music for driving:
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Aretha
Pink Floyd if you are really in a mood
Sopranos sound track- surprisingly good both of them
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Queen
Santana
Okay I'm thinking these all fit one generation.
Roll down the windows and crank it up!!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Bad Mood Music in the car: Green Day, Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, Johnny Cash, Bright Eyes

Good Mood Music in the car: Les Miserables, Ryan Lendt, Jimmy Buffett, Tori Amos, Bright Eyes

Clarifier: I sing as loud as I can in the car. Don't take a road trip with me. :)

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Saritams8 said:
Bad Mood Music in the car: Green Day, Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, Johnny Cash, Bright Eyes

Good Mood Music in the car: Les Miserables, Ryan Lendt, Jimmy Buffett, Tori Amos, Bright Eyes

Clarifier: I sing as loud as I can in the car. Don't take a road trip with me. :)

Oh that wouldn't bother me. You know what happened to me a couple of months ago? Good mood/bad mood music ... I was driving into Wallonia and listening full blast (again) a cd of Buddhis chanting. Well I got so much so in the mood of it that I almost didn't see the cop waving me down to stop. I was too fast, over a white line and had shot in front of a big big big truck from ... believe it or not: Ireland! Anyway I got a fine of 175 Euro = +200 dollars! Case is still pending. The cop wrote an extra 's' behind my name and I am now querieing that. Only Buddha knows if that'll work.

Yes, no no buddha cruising for me again! Opera ... that's at least about lust and so on etc.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Bad music for being stuck in a traffic jam: Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.

Good music for an open road: Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.

In our car (two adults, three teens) we can hear Beatles, Bare Naked Ladies, Queen, Mozart, Beethoven, and most any other classical composer, Enya and other Celtic/New Age, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Just no cowboy "hurtin' songs," please.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I posted a caution against doing something that often produces a permanent disability, and all I got was disrespectful responses. Sorry, I'll back out now. If you find yourself with a significant hearing loss down the road, maybe you'll remember that somebody gave you the information that would have prevented it.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
big dream and bursted eardrums ... what's that you said?

reph said:
I posted a caution against doing something that often produces a permanent disability, and all I got was disrespectful responses. Sorry, I'll back out now. If you find yourself with a significant hearing loss down the road, maybe you'll remember that somebody gave you the information that would have prevented it.

Hey reph no! We have read what you said and of course you are write and the heeding is most valid. Leave alone the fact of concentration on the road while one is zuping up and not being able to hear a hoot or something from behind etc. (Note my fine for instance - it was a dangerous moment when I shot in front of that truck) Of course, too loud music is unnatural and damaging and some youngsters don't know this till permanent damage is done etc. I think its an important aspect of this 'cruise thing' phenomenon. We all so far have merely focussed on the dream quality of the 'thing' and ... I'd seen there's some memory lane posts too.

Ahh but oh ... alone in a car and being able to listen, do and think what one wants ... oh I just love it! Even go where you want ... mmmm etc. The thing's connected to the 'freedom of nostalgy'. The big dream...

aspier

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
hearing

When your hearing goes bad, you crank up the volume another notch.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Aspire :)

In all honesty, I would love to see an Opera some day. I have only ever heard of them and the closest I've ever come to actually seeing one was when I watched the movie Pretty Woman and Richard Gere as Edward Lewis took Julia Roberts as Vivian Ward to see one.

I believe I would enjoy an Opera very much. If it is music and it touches my soul I'll love it even if I don't understand it. :)

Sincerely,
Gehanna

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
love on 5 levels

Gehanna said:
Hi Aspire :)

In all honesty, I would love to see an Opera some day. I have only ever heard of them and the closest I've ever come to actually seeing one was when I watched the movie Pretty Woman and Richard Gere as Edward Lewis took Julia Roberts as Vivian Ward to see one.

I believe I would enjoy an Opera very much. If it is music and it touches my soul I'll love it even if I don't understand it. :)

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gehanna it not only touches your soul it upgrades it ... well actually it corrupts it totally. Its a total experience and an artform consisting of 5 levels - drama, music, poetry, etc. Come with me and I'll initiate you! Got to wear red shoes though! Then again, maybe I'm not that good teacher, etc. and a bore such see? Oh, I'm sure once you've been to one you will love it!

as

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna it not only touches your soul it upgrades it ... well actually it corrupts it totally. Its a total experience and an artform consisting of 5 levels - drama, music, poetry, etc. Come with me and I'll initiate you! Got to wear red shoes though! Then again, maybe I'm not that good teacher, etc. and a bore such see? Oh, I'm sure once you've been to one you will love it!

You just reminded me of something I wanted to tell you. Several days back, I was in the garage looking through some boxes of things I have not seen in years. In one, I found a single red shoe.

You said:

Then again, maybe I'm not that good teacher, etc. and a bore such see?

It isn't talent I'm interested in, it's the degree of sincerity.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Gehanna said:
You just reminded me of something I wanted to tell you. Several days back, I was in the garage looking through some boxes of things I have not seen in years. In one, I found a single red shoe.

You said:

It isn't talent I'm interested in, it's the degree of sincerity.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Mmm tnx that's a nice thought! Oh oh and the shoeeeee! Bet its an Opera shoe. Shoefic it! Shoefic it! Now isn't that unambiguious and sincere in straightforward communication! You know exactly what I mean, see? And that makes me very happy! Big smile! Ok back to Opera. You know, there are these cheap shops selling classical music (and operas) for something like 4 Euro for a 3 cd opera. Here the shop is called 'Kruitvat'. I am sure where you live there are too. Well at that price just buy one, read the intro to it and ... well then listen to it 50 times. When you have listened to it for the 139th time, you will be in my room and you will know everything there is to know about opera ... every single note!

A single red shoe ... now if that's not your answer.

as

Status
Not open for further replies.