I am pleased to announce:

Reaction score
I have a new (secondhand) washing machine.

An acquaintance got married, moved away, I got the surplus-to-the-new-marital-home's-requirements washer free of charge, Bob's your uncle. Course, I bunged my mate some petrol money and gave him a drink (not of petrol) but still:

Casa del Peche will be a lot cleaner in future. Huzzah!

This is your all-new, CLEAN scarletpeaches speaking. :D

*snerk* Wonder how long that'll last...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Awesome. Thank god you'll finally be wearing clean clothes. I was going to say something about the stink, but didn't want to hurt your feelings. Congrats!

Reaction score
Why thank you.

Mayhap I shall have a bath to mark the occasion, if only I could find something strong enough to get the dirt-ring off the enamel afterwards.

Reaction score
Oh dear. tt42 will be disgruntled at me.

Towards me?

Can one be 'gruntled', I wonder?

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Yes Peaches, but for a writer of Erotica, you failed to mention the one crucial aspect of this new washing machine.
Does the RPM of this new appliance meet your needs?

Now ,if you understand the Q, you are indeed an lover of erotica...

:tongue:D

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the washing machine is slotted underneath a worktop so I am unable to make use of the spin cycle.

Reaction score
I just have loads of clothes, and I'm stupidly excited at not having to lug laundry bags up to my dad's house and back every few days.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Well, new appliances are always good... useful spin cycle or no. There's something about getting a new (to you) appliance. Even if it's secondhand and free, it makes you feel snazzy to have something different than normal--or in your case, something you didn't have. Good on it. Wash menny menny laundries.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I just have loads of clothes, and I'm stupidly excited at not having to lug laundry bags up to my dad's house and back every few days.

Oh
I would suggest less clothes of course, but you do live in Scotland, or as we call it 'even worse than here' (rough translation)

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
I have rented a new washer and it takes 10kg of clothes. It's so big that it has a safety door to stop small children from boilwashing themselves. I am stupidly happy with it. Especially the 'duvet button'
The washer rental asked if I had any washing to go in. I have four kids mate, I have a washing pile so high you need oxygen to summit the damn thing.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yayy!

A few months ago, I moved into a house, and one of the most exciting things about the move was that I could have a washer and dryer! None of my apartments ever had washer/dryer hookups.

Reaction score
My last machine was a washer/dryer combo; this one just washes, but never mind. I don't have to leave the house to get my clothes cleaned. I'll just invest in a larger clothes horse and store it in the 'spare room', if I can find room between bookcases, crates and novels piled on the floor.

News just in: Spin cycle? I approve.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish someone would get married and give me their surplus dishwasher. Mine is falling apart.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I'm still waiting for the body washing machine so I can write and drink coffee while it cleans me.

Are you taking volunteers? :D

MadamPeaches, Might I suggest getting the novels off the floor? Bookworms and all that. And things like, you know... falling on your face in the dark because of novels in the floor.

And wtf is a clothes horse? Forgive my hickified american ignorance, but I have never heard that one before.

Reaction score
A thing you hang clothes on to dry. :D

Re: novels on the floor. They're against the wall and other items of furniture, so I should be safe. Plus, I can put the light on and see where they are!

Or...buy more bookcases...

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
If you weren't in Scotland, I'd send you some of my book cases. I have way too many. Sadly, they all actually have books on them (stuffed with books, really) that I never read. Things I bought on a whim and read once, never to read again.

I guess it's just me that goes stumbling through the house without lights. When I am firstly awake, I forget how to operate the light switch. I forget just about everything when i first wake up... including me own name. Except that the coffeemaker should have coffee in it. (Thank the powers that be for automatic drip options!)

Re clothes horse: Thanks! That's too cute.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the body washing machine so I can write and drink coffee while it cleans me.

sparklepeaches... another thing I envy you. I must lug my clothing, panties and all, to the public washroom in the apt complex. Sigh.

One day... I will live somewhere that my panties only leave the house on my person.

Something in these two quotes which have set my matchmaker athena buzzin...

One strange difference i noticed between the US and Europe is the whole washn m/c thing. Standard fare in Europe (prob bec of weather) but not so US. An m/c in US are big strange top loaders. weird.

However the RPM value is prob as good. :)