Books and Meanings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby

Registered
Reaction score
Recently I was checking out the section of kids books at the store, and I've come to realize that all the books educated in some way or presented a lesson. Looking at some of the stories I've written, I noticed that mine too had a lesson to be learned and I didn't even mean to write it as such. Has anyone here written a story that isn't that way? I'm curious.

~Ruby

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Well, I can think of quite a few picture books that don't really have a lesson in them, they're just fun silly stories, jokes really, or nonsense rhymes; often the lesson in the others is simply that your family loves you. The older you get, the more the books are telling stories about life, and in a sense those are always educational.

I think that probably kids are a little intolerant of that bit at the end of the He-Man cartoon where the characters take a minute out to recap the lesson they learned about how it's important always to try your hardest, and then laugh like maniacs for no apparent reason. I know I was! The more a story feels like a lesson to school-age children, the less they will enjoy it, is my suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.