Your girlfriend in panties, a bra, and your favorite t-shirt...

Stunted

Ich heiße Superphantastisch!
Registered
Reaction score
...I think it's a relatively standard thing for your average, red-blooded teenager to find attractive, but what would be your reaction would be to finding out that someone specifically requested it? What if the girl's already in the bra and underwear, and he says he'd really like her to put it on? What if they've been dating and sleeping together for a long time?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Hmm, I am not sure how this is a story research and expert question or what kind of answer you are searching for, but I am totally intrigued. :) I’d say it is a possessive thing. His favorite t-shirt connotes something that belongs solely to him? Is he trying to demonstrate this?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand the question. He's asking her to put on his favorite shirt, but why would I have a different reaction--what I need is more information. What would be my reaction as a reader? I don't know because I don't know the scene.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A secret: I have a tshirt from a restaurant somewhere with the same name as my first name. It says "Sarah's" in a funny swirly font. Someone gave it to me when I was literally an infant and it has been in my shirt drawer for my entire life. I used to give it to my previous boyfriend when it was his laundry day, and I was very pleased to have him wear it. My current partner has appropriated it after I convinced her to wear it a few times, and she wears it all the time now. It makes me very happy when she has it on. (I'm not a super-possessive person who really believes that one ought to own one's partner. But still.)

But yeah, it's abnormal for a guy to ask his girlfriend to put on MORE clothes, unless it's really cold and he feels bad for her or something.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I think he's offering the shirt to her as a gesture of love. But Kitty brings up a good point. I don't remember ever throwing a girl in panties and a bra a shirt and saying "Here, throw this on"

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
If I was already wearing a bra and panties and my man asked me to throw a shirt on too, I would probably think there was something wrong with my body. Why would he be getting me to put on so many clothes?

I could understand if it were only the shirt, however.

And if they have been together for a long time, the girl should know what her man likes. Him walking into the room and seeing her in his shirt would probably be more realistic than him having to ask. Give girls more credit- sometimes they make the first kinky move. ;)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
yeah, what Pepper said.

And I thought we'd be having lots of fun in this thread.

Oh, this isn't OP, please don't have too much fun and get it blamed on me.

but the whole "put some more clothes on, honey" was the first thing that I thought - he finds me repulsive! Ahhhh!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It says "Sarah's" in a funny swirly font. Someone gave it to me when I was literally an infant and it has been in my shirt drawer for my entire life. I used to give it to my previous boyfriend when it was his laundry day, and I was very pleased to have him wear it.
OK, that's adorable! I love that.
but the whole "put some more clothes on, honey" was the first thing that I thought - he finds me repulsive! Ahhhh!
But--it's not just any piece of clothing he wants her to put on. It's his favorite shirt. That says something different I think. Yes, "put some clothes on" does make me want to slap him, but "put my favorite shirt on" makes me wonder…

OK, what gives? Stunted---are you going to come back and tell us more…paleeez. :D

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering he wasn't trying to get her more naked- But if she appropriated one of his shirts and wore it say on a date, then that would be cool- Or if she slept in just the shirt and panties

Stunted

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I didn't think I've ever inspired such interest on these boards! Maybe my new idea is a good one?

I don't want to say much because the story's really young, and if I make it sound dumb, it'll mess me up, but basically, for her sake, he doesn't want her naked, but can't let her find out that anything is amiss. So I was just wondering if asking her to put on the t-shirt would seem odd to her, or whether her not finding it odd would seem odd to a reader.

Thank you for everyone's answers thusfar!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aha! well, like i said, if he was being nice and said she looked cold and gave her his shirt being all chivalrous, i think she'd buy that. Or if he wanted her to be more comfy (a secret of the fair sex: bras are not that comfortable and 99.999% of women don't like wearing them if they aren't out around other people. I have met two people in my life who like wearing a bra at home at night.) he could suggest she relax in a t-shirt and he would find that equally appealing.

Oh! I didn't think I've ever inspired such interest on these boards! Maybe my new idea is a good one?

I don't want to say much because the story's really young, and if I make it sound dumb, it'll mess me up, but basically, for her sake, he doesn't want her naked, but can't let her find out that anything is amiss. So I was just wondering if asking her to put on the t-shirt would seem odd to her, or whether her not finding it odd would seem odd to a reader.

Thank you for everyone's answers thusfar!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ok, so it doesn't really matter that it's his favorite t-shirt then, huh?

I don't think it would be weird if he had some sort of explanation that made sense--like someone mentioned, if he said he didn't want her to be cold. But--my suggestion would be that he tells her he wants her to wear his shirt (versus one of hers or something) because he likes to wear it later when it smells like her. :)

OK, now I just inspired myself to go write something on this note...:tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I think the whole girlfriend wearing your shirt thing taps into the classic image of the morning after, where the hot chick is wearing only your shirt, thus showing off her long legs. It's like: "I slept with this girl, and now she is in my house, wearing my clothes, with me."

On a slightly related note:

Or if he wanted her to be more comfy (a secret of the fair sex: bras are not that comfortable and 99.999% of women don't like wearing them if they aren't out around other people. I have met two people in my life who like wearing a bra at home at night.)

Really? I'm surprised to hear that. My experience is that not wearing a bra is incredibly uncomfortable - I'm pretty stacked, and that's kind of ouchy and painful. I guess it's dependent on level of stackedness?

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I'm surprised to hear that. My experience is that not wearing a bra is incredibly uncomfortable - I'm pretty stacked, and that's kind of ouchy and painful. I guess it's dependent on level of stackedness?

I still think you are in an extreme minority. I'm also pretty, um, stacked, and I hate wearing them! I mean, they are good for walking/running, and holding the girls in, but they are uncomfortable and almost nobody I know wears them lounging around at night.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
This is reminding me of the Seinfeld "Naked Girl" episode. As much as he liked what he saw he tried not to stare and he was uncomfortable with her brazen nudity. I, for one, would have stared, can't help it, it's in my genes.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Really? I'm surprised to hear that. My experience is that not wearing a bra is incredibly uncomfortable - I'm pretty stacked, and that's kind of ouchy and painful. I guess it's dependent on level of stackedness?[/QUOTE]

:D

You mean is there a 'stackedness' / 'ouchy' equation?
Worth exploring...

Stunted

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I think I've got it now!

(For the sake of discussion, I think not wearing a bra is really uncomfortable, and I'm totally un-stacked.)

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes! Part of the evening slouch :D Kick shoes off, slump behind PC, take the bra off :D

And for Paul's research... medium stackage, less ouchy without a bra, but not too ouchy with.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Just for sake of research-not stacked- HATE bras- the girls are freed as soon as I'm home.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still think you are in an extreme minority. I'm also pretty, um, stacked, and I hate wearing them! I mean, they are good for walking/running, and holding the girls in, but they are uncomfortable and almost nobody I know wears them lounging around at night.

I think it depends on the person, and not the level of stackedness. :) I'm with Kitty; if I'm home, there's no bra. And I'm a D cup. One of my best friends, on the other hand, is also busty, and she always wears a bra, even to sleep. So, I don't think it's a matter of cup size. :)

Back to the original question: if a man asked me to get dressed and we're just lounging around the house, I'd definitely be offended. But I really can't imagine a man ever asking a woman to get dressed...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I could see a dude finding a shirt WITHOUT a bra underneath really sexy. Bra+shirt? Eh, yeah, I might be questioning his level of desire.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score

I am NOT (ummmmm) stacked and find bras so uncomfortable, I gave them up in 1973 with no ill effect. I wear a camisole instead, with no shelf.