Irrational fears - what scares you?

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
In honor of Halloween:
Are you scared of something for no reason? I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm scared of the...............................
Praying mantis!

278635073_883bd891ec.jpg

I'm not sure why but there is just something about this critter that just creeps me out. :scared: Even this picture is making my skin crawl! And that one episode of Buffy: TVS didn't help either.

I'm also afraid of clowns but I blame Stephen King for that (IT)...
pennywise-the-clown.jpg

So, what are your irrational fears??

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YIKES!

#1 - Mice and/or Rats

#2 - Clowns

#3 - Midgets

:cry:

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
OMG the "It" clown. Hands down. Clowns in general, but that one *shudder*

And snakes. I can't even look at pictures. I absolutely panic at the mere thought. (I am certain they are stalking me just waiting for the chance to attack) Irrationality at its finest folks.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
OMG the "It" clown. Hands down. Clowns in general, but that one *shudder*

And snakes. I can't even look at pictures. I absolutely panic at the mere thought. (I am certain they are stalking me just waiting for the chance to attack) Irrationality at its finest folks.

[bolding is mine]
:ROFL: OMG, I'm with you...I was outside pulling weeds once and I'm convinced a praying mantis was stalking me. The thing crept up on me and it was WATCHING me!! I moved and the little alien head swiveled... I had to go inside.

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
[bolding is mine]
:ROFL: OMG, I'm with you...I was outside pulling weeds once and I'm convinced a praying mantis was stalking me. The thing crept up on me and it was WATCHING me!! I moved and the little alien head swiveled... I had to go inside.

THANK YOU!! My hubs thinks I'm crazy!!!! :roll: (There is one that only comes out when I'm outside and only I see it!!!)

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
People being sick.

Heights, spiders, insects? No problem with them, but god help me if anyone vomits near me.

Gemnyc

reading 24/7
Registered
Reaction score
I have a total paranoid fear of ventriloquist dolls. Literally, my heart starts pounding and I feel sick when I see one. I think it was brought on by watching a black and white movie as a young kid, where the dummy is fricking evil.
dSilence3.jpg

Hate mannequins as well, but not as bad. I think it’s anything that looks life like, but isn’t.

Clowns to, especially robotic ones you get encased at fairgrounds, the ones that cackle at you.

So this a treat *sweaty palms, racing heart, brief panic attack*
GetAttachment.aspx

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
roaches. *shivers*

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Sharks. Which doesn't seem irrational until you realize that I think about them even when swimming in a pool.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
In 1998 I was a student at Rutgers and during summer took the urban adventure class that met on Fridays and trekked out into different areas of NYC.

One class trip was to the World Trade Center. We got a tour of an area roughly five-six floors below street level, near where the bomb went off in the 1990s. I told my teacher afterwards that it unnerved me to be so far down with so much building on top of me...
and he tossed it aside, saying, "You have to ask yoursef why you have such an irrational fear."

Even on the GWB - I have to be on the top deck. I don't like being under... the Hudson River via any tunnel or stopped under a bridge. Makes me anxious.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Tomato Ketchup.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Another class trip involved a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge - I had no problem with that, and would have sailed through it enjoyably had someone not told me about a cable that snapped off years ago and killed someone ...

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid that a hand is going to reach out from under the bed and grab my foot if I let it dangle off.

I'm afraid to open the curtains when I'm home alone at night...because in the back of my mind I think I'm going to see a giant scary face looking through at me.

I'm afraid to swim in murky water because I'm convinced there are dead bodies in there, just below my feet.

I'm afraid of those stupid screamer e-mails that everyone sends out at Halloween.

Basically, I'm afraid of being startled.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My top three fears:

1. Clowns.

2. Clowns.

3. Clowns.

I'm pretty sure I'm scared of other stuff, too, but everything pales in comparison to clowns.