What people put on their Facebook page baffles me sometimes

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
For instance, an old classmate added me today. The only pictures she has on her profile are from her "sexy" photoshoot.

A) They aren't sexy.
B) The world really does not need to see that.
C) Do people not realize that almost EVERY employeer looks at Facebook pages, google, whatever?

I just want to shake her and say, "No, no, no, no!!"

Sorry, I had to rant.

Reaction score
Lose the kitten heels, Haskins. They throw your weight forward and make your arse look big.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
What kills me are the parents who insist on using their FB status as a place to broadcast a graphic play-by-play of their children's potty-training progress.

I mean...

REALLY, PEOPLE???

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
in my defense, my transition to a woman has been difficult.

When I say I lol'd, I mean it!

And thinker, you mean, you don't want to know when my son does a poo-poo in the potty?! I thought that would be earth shattering news.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
And thinker, you mean, you don't want to know when my son does a poo-poo in the potty?! I thought that would be earth shattering news.

No. No. A thousand times, no. Nor do I want to know about anywhere ELSE he's done a poo-poo. Or how long he's been sitting on the toilet while you bribe him with M&M's to poop. Or how many diapers your newborn has gone through in the last two hours.

My other issue with FB: People venting about their spouses. Not that I don't think they should vent, but when you post something that you would normally just send in a private e-mail ("he just doesn't understand, he doesn't get it, I feel so alone, he's off playing golf while I take care of the kids, I could strangle him") publicly?? A friend of mine does that constantly. Puts EVERY one of her husband's sins in her status messages. And she's friends with him, his family, and countless mutual friends and family members. Not only is it pathetic, I think it's highly disrespectful.

/Sensible commentary

But enough about the potty training, for fuck's sake...

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
OMG...I'm sorry, but that is hilarious! I would die.

And ditto about the airing of dirty laundry. NOT the place, people. Not the place.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
OMG...I'm sorry, but that is hilarious! I would die.

I almost hurled. LOL

And ditto about the airing of dirty laundry. NOT the place, people. Not the place.

Exactly. Don't humiliate your spouse in the name of venting. Either talk to him/her directly, or e-mail a friend privately to vent. Making your husband look like a clueless, insensitive twat in front of his friends/family is...well...clueless and insensitive to his feelings.

Reaction score
Hopefully not the one of me pooping.
That's very scat-turd-brained of you.
Exactly. Don't humiliate your spouse in the name of venting. Either talk to him/her directly, or e-mail a friend privately to vent. Making your husband look like a clueless, insensitive twat in front of his friends/family is...well...clueless and insensitive to his feelings.
It's more fun (and ballsier) doing your bitching openly. :D

Besides...some things are just meant to be discussed privately. If your allegations are true, then FFS go to the person concerned. Slagging them off on FB won't be conducive to mending the cracks in your relationship. If they're false, well then you just make yourself look a fool.

It's undignified. Some people should have their internets taken away unless they agree to counselling.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Oh God....I'll never get anything done now that you've sent me that site...

The one about the missing dog is just...I'm speechless.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
It's more fun (and ballsier) doing your bitching openly. :D

Besides...some things are just meant to be discussed privately. If your allegations are true, then FFS go to the person concerned. Slagging them off on FB won't be conducive to mending the cracks in your relationship. If they're false, well then you just make yourself look a fool.

It's undignified. Some people should have their internets taken away unless they agree to counselling.

Yes, more fun, but if your spouse is being a twunt, my god...don't make it worse by shouting it from the rooftops. All it does is create gossip and make things worse. But sometimes I wonder if the particular people I'm thinking of (a couple of wives who slag their husbands off CONSTANTLY) are just drama queens seeking attention. Wonder what they'd think if their husbands did the same.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
My other issue with FB: People venting about their spouses. Not that I don't think they should vent, but when you post something that you would normally just send in a private e-mail ("he just doesn't understand, he doesn't get it, I feel so alone, he's off playing golf while I take care of the kids, I could strangle him") publicly?? A friend of mine does that constantly. Puts EVERY one of her husband's sins in her status messages. And she's friends with him, his family, and countless mutual friends and family members. Not only is it pathetic, I think it's highly disrespectful.
My SIL used to do this ALL the time.

Every time I would ask "If he's so horrible, why do you stay married?" Or "I can't believe you put up with him!" And other such things. After a while, interestingly enough, a few of her other friends started to comment on how horrible negative she spoke of her spouse... and she has actually stopped bad mouthing him on FB. Thank god. Even if she wasn't bitching about my brother, I, too REALLY hate the stupid whining to everyone but the person responsible shtuff.

Luckily, I don't have any new parents on my FB friends, but I do get a load of insipid statuses. "Had soup." "Going to bed." Really? I mean, if that's ALL you have to say, maybe FB status updates aren't for you. It's okay. Really. Step away from the computer...

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen the status updates where the jilted wife/husband logs in as the other and out's their cheating ways? Yeah. Those are fun.

That blog is great, btw. I love Facebook blogs. My favorite is the My Parents are on Facebook one. Have you seen it?

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I have a facebook account somewhere. I haven't updated it in ages, though. I never even go there anymore. Here, occasional twitter for my dog, my e-mail account and my blog are the only spots I actually post anything. And I don't think I've ever posted anything that could come back to haunt me. At least I can't remember if I have. Damn this memory loss!!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My SIL used to do this ALL the time.

Every time I would ask "If he's so horrible, why do you stay married?" Or "I can't believe you put up with him!" And other such things. After a while, interestingly enough, a few of her other friends started to comment on how horrible negative she spoke of her spouse... and she has actually stopped bad mouthing him on FB. Thank god. Even if she wasn't bitching about my brother, I, too REALLY hate the stupid whining to everyone but the person responsible shtuff.

Exactly. My husband and I will snipe at each other IN JEST on FB, but neither of us would dream of posting anything serious on there.

My SIL uses FB as a weapon too...while we were visiting Seattle, my husband commented that we were going somewhere that day (to the zoo or something, don't recall), and she posted "And you haven't even called your grandmother to see if SHE wants to see her. You're a selfish bastard, blowing her off to spend time with Lori's family and your FRIENDS." (it was much more venemous and much less grammatically correct, but you get the idea) Eddie just calmly replied, "Um, we saw Grandma yesterday." LOL Gotta love him.

Luckily, I don't have any new parents on my FB friends, but I do get a load of insipid statuses. "Had soup." "Going to bed." Really? I mean, if that's ALL you have to say, maybe FB status updates aren't for you. It's okay. Really. Step away from the computer...

I'll take the boring statuses over "now there's poop ALL OVER the bathroom" any day.