PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader Needed for Historical Fiction

Jake G
10-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey guys,

I have been sitting on my novel of 75,000 words about the Armenian Genocide for some months now. I took a bleak, New Historical approach to the deportations by writing from the POV of a 16-year-old Armenian boy who tries to keep his family alive. I have read and re edited the entire piece several times now (including once where I changed all of the present tense verbs to past tense...that was fun), and am looking for a pair of fresh eyes.

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic. If you want a synopsis or a first chapter or anything else before diving in to the whole thing, that's fine, just send me a PM. Also, I am willing to "trade" (as in, I'll look at yours if you look at mine).

I know I'm new here, but I just recently found out about AW and spend most of my time lurking around the boards as it is. Thanks a lot. If anyone feels my experience on the boards keeps me from requesting this service, please tell me. If I must wait to request a Beta, so be it.

- Jake G

Steam&Ink
10-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Jake,

I don't think there is a minimum time requirement about requesting a Beta reader (I'm sure someone will pop in and tell us if I'm wrong).

Do you know we have a Historical Writing Share Your Work forum? Obviously you can't put the whole book on there - and you wouldn't want to, of course - but the critters there can help with bits and pieces there, especially if you're looking for tips on style and grammar, as opposed to storyline.

:)