How to give an AW'er a shout out without getting your thread closed...

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's called the Royalty thread, folks, Royalty for a Week. Started by Jenna Glatzer, bless her heart. Here is the first post made by Jenna in Feb 2006:

==================================
OK, folks, I've squashed the Love Battles (sorry to be a killjoy), but I still like what My-Immortal was trying to do, so I have another thought on showin' the love.

Anyone can name another person on this board King/Queen of the Day. Just post here to say who you're electing and why, and let the fawning begin! Everyone else can join in to say why they appreciate that member, and the royal member gets to make royal decrees and stuff. :)

So!

Today I elect Sean D. Schaffer King for the Day because he always makes me smile, and he always has a kind word for everyone he encounters.

:e2crown:

Thanks, King Sean!

--
EDITED: The royal reigns were moving too swiftly for us to keep up, so now we've decided to have Royalty for the Week instead of Royalty for the Day. And the tradition is for the current king or queen to name a successor.

===================================

If you have a person you think should be honored for a week, please submit their name to the ruling King or Queen. This week, the monarch is Queen Overtired. Come by the castle and say hi, stay for refreshments and entertainment, and don't forget to leave your candidate's name in the Queen's pm box. I am sure she will appreciate the ideas. And pass on those names not chosen to the next ruler.

Eat, drink, be merry. For next week you could wear the crown! :D

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
Great idea, Ambrosia!!!

And we've had all kinds of rulers: benevolent dictators, sweethearts, despots, whatchamacallits, Tyrants,*ahem* Assassin Kittehs :D, Tigers, Puppies, Sheep....you name it.

All that's required is to show up and have fun!

Not to mention that once you show up, you get an official title. ;)

~Princess Sarah, Royal Assassin~

(and, yes, my kitteh does have a sniper rifle :D)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm not electing me cuz I was queen several times and it was super, but I'm retired from the queendom. :D How about having an all- purpose King/Queen week cuz you're all terrific?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Susie also gives hugs in the royal thread. It is her permanent job.

Don't forget, there are amazing suites of rooms, and food. All the cyber food you can eat.

And sometimes we lead raiding parts on gnomes, trolls and once, New Zealand. A lot of us were asleep on the plane for that. Oh, and we built a chocolate castle, but the dragons ate it, and then we got other dragons to re-build it.

It was awesome.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I have to admit that I read the royal thread, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about at times. :D

I felt bad for Fulk when I saw the earlier thread because I loved the idea, but I knew the lock was coming.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's ok, Wayne. There are times when I don't know what I we're talking about either. :D

I knew the lock was coming too. Since it has happened a few times lately, I figured letting people know where and how they could honor an AW'er would be a good idea. I hope people will use the thread Jenna set up for this purpose. It is a lot of fun. :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
This is a good idea. I hope Fulk sees it and understands that the lock wasn't personal. BTW That's the third locked thread I've been in in the last 24 hours :D

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
it means more when it's a dedicated thread, even (and especially) when it's locked.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing like a locked thread to pique interest; topics that would generally be ignored suddenly go through the roof with views as folks clamor to find out what happened.

I really, really dislike closing threads. Bums me out every time, but in some instances it's unavoidable. Still sucks, though.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
lock.JPG

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Wonder if I started a "SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him" thread if he would lock it for the OP rules.

Yep... pretty sure he would.

:D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This is clearly a shout out to me. The Royalty of all Royalty.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to take this opportunity to shout out to all my peeps.
peeps.jpg

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
I'll give myself a shout, because nobody else is going to. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Wonder if I started a "SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him" thread if he would lock it for the OP rules.

Yep... pretty sure he would.

:D
If that happened, I'd be very slow to react, making believe I was busy tending to business elsewhere. ;)

That reminds of the time someone whom I had crossed started a series of threads in OP and elsewhere, a dozen or so I think, with such memorable titles as, SK Sucks! Down with SK! SK is an a-hole!

It went on and on, and before I could respond to one, two or three more would appear. Finally, Medi came along and zapped them all. And to this day, I have not laughed so hard in all of my life as I did that night. Just hitting the New Posts function and seeing all of those threads, one after the other, had me laughing so hard that I could barely respond.

I hadn't thought of that in a long time, and it's still pretty damn funny. :)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Careful, SK. I may just start that thread myself.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Of course I mean this one:

"SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him"

not the suck ones. (-;