PDA

View Full Version : How to give an AW'er a shout out without getting your thread closed...

Ambrosia
10-23-2009, 01:13 AM
It's called the Royalty thread, folks, Royalty for a Week. Started by Jenna Glatzer, bless her heart. Here is the first post made by Jenna in Feb 2006:

==================================
OK, folks, I've squashed the Love Battles (sorry to be a killjoy), but I still like what My-Immortal was trying to do, so I have another thought on showin' the love.

Anyone can name another person on this board King/Queen of the Day. Just post here to say who you're electing and why, and let the fawning begin! Everyone else can join in to say why they appreciate that member, and the royal member gets to make royal decrees and stuff. :)

So!

Today I elect Sean D. Schaffer King for the Day because he always makes me smile, and he always has a kind word for everyone he encounters.

:e2crown:

Thanks, King Sean!

--
EDITED: The royal reigns were moving too swiftly for us to keep up, so now we've decided to have Royalty for the Week instead of Royalty for the Day. And the tradition is for the current king or queen to name a successor.
===================================

If you have a person you think should be honored for a week, please submit their name to the ruling King or Queen. This week, the monarch is Queen Overtired. Come by the castle and say hi, stay for refreshments and entertainment, and don't forget to leave your candidate's name in the Queen's pm box. I am sure she will appreciate the ideas. And pass on those names not chosen to the next ruler.

Eat, drink, be merry. For next week you could wear the crown! :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Excellent work, Ambrosia.

Now to the rest of you galoots... don't make me close this thread! :D

som1luvsmi
10-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Great idea, Ambrosia!!!

And we've had all kinds of rulers: benevolent dictators, sweethearts, despots, whatchamacallits, Tyrants,*ahem* Assassin Kittehs :D, Tigers, Puppies, Sheep....you name it.

All that's required is to show up and have fun!

Not to mention that once you show up, you get an official title. ;)

~Princess Sarah, Royal Assassin~

(and, yes, my kitteh does have a sniper rifle :D)

Susie
10-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Well, I'm not electing me cuz I was queen several times and it was super, but I'm retired from the queendom. :D How about having an all- purpose King/Queen week cuz you're all terrific?

bettielee
10-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Susie also gives hugs in the royal thread. It is her permanent job.

Don't forget, there are amazing suites of rooms, and food. All the cyber food you can eat.

And sometimes we lead raiding parts on gnomes, trolls and once, New Zealand. A lot of us were asleep on the plane for that. Oh, and we built a chocolate castle, but the dragons ate it, and then we got other dragons to re-build it.

It was awesome.

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 03:06 AM
I have to admit that I read the royal thread, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about at times. :D

I felt bad for Fulk when I saw the earlier thread because I loved the idea, but I knew the lock was coming.

Ambrosia
10-23-2009, 03:55 AM
It's ok, Wayne. There are times when I don't know what I we're talking about either. :D

I knew the lock was coming too. Since it has happened a few times lately, I figured letting people know where and how they could honor an AW'er would be a good idea. I hope people will use the thread Jenna set up for this purpose. It is a lot of fun. :)

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 04:21 AM
This is a good idea. I hope Fulk sees it and understands that the lock wasn't personal. BTW That's the third locked thread I've been in in the last 24 hours :D

William Haskins
10-23-2009, 04:27 AM
it means more when it's a dedicated thread, even (and especially) when it's locked.

Silver King
10-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Yeah, nothing like a locked thread to pique interest; topics that would generally be ignored suddenly go through the roof with views as folks clamor to find out what happened.

I really, really dislike closing threads. Bums me out every time, but in some instances it's unavoidable. Still sucks, though.

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 04:42 AM
http://www.vend123.com/images/cms/Image/lock.JPG

Stew21
10-23-2009, 04:43 AM
Wonder if I started a "SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him" thread if he would lock it for the OP rules.

Yep... pretty sure he would.

:D

KTC
10-23-2009, 04:44 AM
This is clearly a shout out to me. The Royalty of all Royalty.

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 04:46 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to shout out to all my peeps.
http://images.chron.com/blogs/whitehouse/archives/peeps.jpg

som1luvsmi
10-23-2009, 04:49 AM
How many people do you think will click on this thinking it's about royalty checks? :D

Samantha's_Song
10-23-2009, 04:55 AM
I'll give myself a shout, because nobody else is going to. :D

KTC
10-23-2009, 04:57 AM
I'll give myself a shout, because nobody else is going to. :D

I have no problem with shouting at you.

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 04:58 AM
I prefer excited tones to shouting.

Wayne K
10-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Except in prose.

Silver King
10-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Wonder if I started a "SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him" thread if he would lock it for the OP rules.

Yep... pretty sure he would.

:D
If that happened, I'd be very slow to react, making believe I was busy tending to business elsewhere. ;)

That reminds of the time someone whom I had crossed started a series of threads in OP and elsewhere, a dozen or so I think, with such memorable titles as, SK Sucks! Down with SK! SK is an a-hole!

It went on and on, and before I could respond to one, two or three more would appear. Finally, Medi came along and zapped them all. And to this day, I have not laughed so hard in all of my life as I did that night. Just hitting the New Posts function and seeing all of those threads, one after the other, had me laughing so hard that I could barely respond.

I hadn't thought of that in a long time, and it's still pretty damn funny. :)

KTC
10-23-2009, 05:02 AM
Careful, SK. I may just start that thread myself.

KTC
10-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Of course I mean this one:

"SilverKing is so awesome I'd kick my own ass to be in the same room as him"

not the suck ones. (-;

Samantha's_Song
10-23-2009, 05:03 AM
:roll: But could you add an exclamation mark, please, just so that I know you're shouting at me? :tongue

I have no problem with shouting at you.

KTC
10-23-2009, 05:04 AM
:roll: But could you add an exclamation mark, please, just so that I know you're shouting at me? :tongue

Yes! Yes I can!!!

Samantha's_Song
10-23-2009, 05:07 AM
That's much better. Thank you.

Yes! Yes I can!!!

Susie
10-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Youz guys crack me up. Mr. Susie already knows I'm AW nuts. :D PS Shout out for Samantha to be queen.

kayleamay
10-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Can I combine the "shouting out" with the "slap your irritating co-worker" thingymabob?

I was thinking of something like, "Hey, dickhead!". *slap*

It just flows, doesn't it?

Ambrosia
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Can I combine the "shouting out" with the "slap your irritating co-worker" thingymabob?

I was thinking of something like, "Hey, dickhead!". *slap*

It just flows, doesn't it?
:ROFL:

DL Hegel
10-23-2009, 05:40 PM
"Hey Wayne, I lurves you man"

I vote for Rhymegirl as Queen...she sent me a boo:)

Samantha's_Song
10-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks, but no thanks, Susie, I would make a terrible queen. I'm not a very 'people' person and I'd be just like queen Victoria and show my displeasure. We are not amused. There again, on a really bad day I might be more like Marie Antoinette, peeps wouldn't be eating cake though, it would more like be 'Orf wiv their 'eads!' :D

Youz guys crack me up. Mr. Susie already knows I'm AW nuts. :D PS Shout out for Samantha to be queen.

DL Hegel
10-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks, but no thanks, Susie, I would make a terrible queen. I'm not a very 'people' person and I'd be just like queen Victoria and show my displeasure. We are not amused. There again, on a really bad day I might be more like Marie Antoinette, peeps wouldn't be eating cake though, it would more like be 'Orf wiv their 'eads!' :D

that could work...they did have a Tyrant once;)

Samantha's_Song
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Hmm, that's the first time I've ever been called a tyrant, I've been called many other things, but I'm sure I can live up to that name, given time. :D

that could work...they did have a Tyrant once;)

Ambrosia
10-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Is the OP allowed to point to the OP's post? I am going to anyways.

Please PM Overtired with your suggestions. She is Queen until she abdicates the throne on Sunday.

Sweetleaf
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, yes, I am Queen this week. :D

I welcome all suggestions. :)

Susie
10-24-2009, 05:09 AM
And a great Queen you are, overtired. :Hug2:'s