• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Supernatural Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Beta Reader for my Supernatural story, Devotion. It's about 85k words long.
For one shining moment, it seems like Michael Robin's bad luck is turning around. The unlucky guy has finally scored the job of his dreams - but just when he thinks things are finally looking up, he's abducted by a fanatical cult who will sacrifice him to their Goddess, believing that she will grant them unimaginable power.

Rescued by a mysterious stranger, all Michael wants to do is put the unpleasant experience behind him and go back to his normal life. But he can't go back to his normal life - ever. The strange book he read at the house of his benefactor has changed Michael in ways he can't describe. His every thought now affects the world around him. Doors open and close for him, his computer starts typing on its own and every time he reaches for a glass it slides across the table into his hand.

Is it a trick? Or is it magic? All Michael knows is that he's now on the run from the cult, who will stop at nothing to claim the sacrifice they earmarked for their Goddess. The only way Michael may survive is to master his strange new skills and fight back, lest his death become the catalyst for the end of the world.

I feel I could really use a beta reader and I am a bit on the desperate side. I have also sent my MSS to several readers already an so far none of them have managed to finish it. Please reply only if you are 99.9% sure that you will have enough spare time in your life to review the story in its entirety.

P.S. And I'd be glad to beta for you in return. :)

Cale

Registered
Reaction score
Hey.

Devotion sounds cool, and I would like to beta for you.

PM me if your interested!

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
You still need Betas? I'd love to. You had me at sacrifice to a Goddess. This sounds awesome.

PM me if you're still looking. :)

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
You still need Betas? I'd love to. You had me at sacrifice to a Goddess. This sounds awesome.

PM me if you're still looking. :)

I'm gonna have to bump this topic as Cale did not manage to finish the beta read. Valeriec80, if your still interested let me know but please be as sure as possible that you will be able to finish the read and that your life is not gonna get in the way.

If anyone else is interested please just say so, but again I should stress that I want someone who knows that beyond a reasonable doubt they can finish the read :( I've been through too many readers already

Status
Not open for further replies.