Halloween

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in a Halloween kind of mood today, and everyone amongst the writerly folk loves a good story.

Does anyone have a really good Halloween prank story or ghost story they care to share?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid, two of my friends and I discovered an old cemetery (probably a slave cemetery; I lived in the country in a Southern state) in a clearing in the woods. Many of the graves had settled and sunken in a bit, and all of the markers had crumbled to pieces. Naturally, we didn't tell our parents about the discovery, since we knew they wouldn't let us play there.

Anyway, that year at Halloween, we decided to play a prank on some other kids. So, my friend Michael went to the cemetery, laid in one of the sunken graves and covered himself with leaves, while the other friend and I led the rest of the kids to the cemetery.

Needless to say, the prank worked fabulously. Michael reached up from the grave and grabbed a girl's ankle, and all the kids ran from the woods screaming.

Of course, then our parents found out about the old cemetery and we were all in lots of trouble...

:)Smish

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid, two of my friends and I discovered an old cemetery (probably a slave cemetery; I lived in the country in a Southern state) in a clearing in the woods. Many of the graves had settled and sunken in a bit, and all of the markers had crumbled to pieces. Naturally, we didn't tell our parents about the discovery, since we knew they wouldn't let us play there.

Anyway, that year at Halloween, we decided to play a prank on some other kids. So, my friend Michael went to the cemetery, laid in one of the sunken graves and covered himself with leaves, while the other friend and I led the rest of the kids to the cemetery.

Needless to say, the prank worked fabulously. Michael reached up from the grave and grabbed a girl's ankle, and all the kids ran from the woods screaming.

Of course, then our parents found out about the old cemetery and we were all in lots of trouble...

:)Smish

That is dedication.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
We didn't just do this on Halloween, but it's a good prank.

If you cut a golf ball in half there's a giant rubberband inside. We would stretch it across the street and hang paper or aluminum foil on it.

Cars wouldn't see it until they were right there and then they'd slam on the brakes. It always took them awhile to figure out what was going on. We'd be hiding somewhere watching and we would get chased at least once a night when we pulled this one.

They'd always threaten to tell our parents...yeah right, my Dad taught us the trick =)