They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So, was looking forward to this. Oooh shiny extra stuff too:

* Every new retail box of DA:O contains a promotional code on a promotional code card which when redeemed provides a free download of The Stone Prisoner. Digital purchases of DA:O will have the code emailed.

Only, it's not every copy. Oh no, if you live in the UK, you don't get the shinys, or so it appears - some retailers say no, they don't have the card, some don't know. But - if you get the collecters edition ( ie pay extra) you can have the priviledge of what the US gets for free - only different cos our editions don't ahve the same as the US ones!

US

UK

Oooh I'm so grateful! /end sarcasm

So, once again ( after the WAR debacle, where everyone was supposed to get stuff at the same time, only the US got everything first) The UK ( and Europe, we think) gets screwed.

Go, go EA. Obviously us people in the Third World don't deserve the same as those in America.

Complaint thread

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Dagnabbit!!! :(

I want the game and the extras, but I ain't shelling out for something that another country gets free. If it was a shipping issue, fair enough, but it's a CODE! A few numbers on a scrap of paper!

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
If it was a shipping issue, fair enough, but it's a CODE! A few numbers on a scrap of paper!

Exactly! And the UK ones are ( I believe) even shipped from the same place!

And it looked such a great game. Bah, ain't buying if they're doing this though. Bloody EA.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. I've been looking forward to it. :(

Think I'll wait till it's cheaper and claim it's because I'm angry with them, and not because I'm cheap. ;)

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
More armored white people indiscriminately slaughtering whatever's around. Yawn.

That said, I'm glad they're finally taking their games more in PS:T's direction. Maturity has been missing from D&D games for a while now. Might bite them in the ass, though. Just ask Avellone.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
It's about time you crazy brits figured that out.

*waves private parts at your auntie*

:D

I didn't know you had any. If you did you don't want to wave 'em at my auntie. She'll eat you for breakfast. And not in the good way.

More armored white people indiscriminately slaughtering whatever's around.

People of all colours killing dragons. Acshually. *Pins SP down* *Blows raspberry on tummy*

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
I've been seeing lots of Dragon Age ads around, but I've not gone looking for details about the game. I don't suppose anyone could enlighten me? Basically, what's all the hubbub?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Its big, its complex, they're trying to be more mature and insightful.

Will it be as good as PS:T?

Or at the very least, Mass Effect?

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
After a cursory glance, the guys that did Mass Effect are doing this one. Suddenly, I understand the Big Deal. They've definitely earned enough trust for me to give this one a go.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
People of all colours killing dragons. Acshually.
I assume you watched the promotional videos. You can't help but notice there's not a single nonwhite PC or NPC in any of them. Sure, that's partially the setting's fault, and it's by no means a problem unique to D&D-style settings, which I believe Dragon Age is supposed to imitate. Still, I can't help but wonder if it's indicative of deeper flaws in certain types of fantasy.

That said, I'll probably get the game anyway, provided the story's strong enough. One solo run of IWD2 on the hardest difficulty was enough hack-n-slash for my lifetime.

*Pins SP down* *Blows raspberry on tummy*
Um... there are a few ways I could respond to this, none of which is appropriate for public :tongue

Last edited:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Really, the only way to talk to companies is to make it known that they will loose profits.

Its an economic gun!

And slowly, but surely, they're learning that if they provide games that we want to play without dicking us around, people will buy their game more often!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Did you see you can already download the character generator and try out how you feel about the various looks/feels of your character already!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.