Real Ghostwriters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
So, you've been struck by weird green lightning. Three times. Kinda tingled, scorched your sneakers, but otherwise you're fine. A mysterious stranger tells you that you now have the power to conjure the ghosts of three writers, who will immediately fall to writing novels, short stories, poetry, nonfiction, whatever it was they fell to writing in life. I mean, they've probably been itching for pens or keyboards for a looooong time.

Can you get these novels published? Well, maybe if TAPS* comes in and proves the ghosts are real. Or if the ghosts graciously let you publish their posthumous work under your own name or a pseudonym. But at the least, and perhaps most importantly, you can enjoy the "ghostwriting" yourself.

Which three writers do you summon?

Me:

1. Jane Austen. Would love to see her take on modern life.

2. Charles Dickens. Ditto.

3. E. F. Benson. Double ditto. Lucia in LA. The Celestial Lucia (hitching a ride on the space shuttle.) More ghost stories, from one who now knows all about it. Yum.

*The Atlantic Paranormal Society. Jason and Grant. Steve and Tango. EMF detectors. Full-figured apparitions sitting (floating?) in front of the laptops. All that good stuff.

Last edited:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! Voltaire is an awesome choice. He could skewer modern society like nobody else.

I'll go with Vonnegut, cause the world needs more vonnegut, Dodie Smith (101 Dalmations, I Capture The Castle) cause I love her, and Philip K Dick, cause he's a genius and left us too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.