How to make yourself really, REALLY depressed.

Reaction score
Hint for a peek at a fellow AWer's novel, read the first few pages, realise you'll never be that good, set fire to your laptop and go live in a cave.

That is all.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
The only thing WORSE than doing that, is to read Jack London's 'Martin Eden' and see how depressing it could get when you are successful.

It's one of the best novels about writing you'll ever read, but it's also very depressing.

Reaction score
Too rude for a 15-year-old?

I have a question for you: who's books are ruder...yours or the partner in crime?
'Fraid so. :(

The age of consent here is 16, but as it's an American site I shall have to say "21s and over only, thank you."

As to whose books are ruder? It's six and two threes, really. Lori does M/M, M/M/M, M/F, any orifice, any variation...

I'm branching out more but my books are longer - average of 125k as opposed to around 75k for Lori. So I 'cram more in'. Snerk.

Once Lori's online I'm sure she'll give her opinion. Personally I say we're about even.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Age of consent in most American states is 16, FWIW (but only with someone within 3 years of your own age). And everything except drinking is legal at 18. ;)

Rude and cramming all in one book. Sounds like some good reading, SP.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hint for a peek at a fellow AWer's novel, read the first few pages, realise you'll never be that good, set fire to your laptop and go live in a cave.

That is all.

Well now I want to know who it was!

Or maybe I don't.

It took me a long time to get over Time Traveler's Wife. ;)

Reaction score
I won't say in public to save the person's modesty (although Lord knows why; if I wrote like them I'd shout it from the rooftops...or at least, type on my laptop from the rooftops...)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
As to whose books are ruder? It's six and two threes, really. Lori does M/M, M/M/M, M/F, any orifice, any variation...

I'm branching out more but my books are longer - average of 125k as opposed to around 75k for Lori. So I 'cram more in'. Snerk.

Once Lori's online I'm sure she'll give her opinion. Personally I say we're about even.

I'd say we're fairly even too. That, and we both contribute dirt to each other's books, so...well...you're just as much to blame for the filth in my books as your own.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get depressed when I see crap like The L Word and the US version of Queer As Folk on TV and realize my writing IS better but I've been too damned lazy to query anybody.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

That is all.

Poor Lori. She killed you again. Le sigh.

Reaction score
This was "I need to go suck on a shotgun" quality.

I don't want this to turn into a mad guessing game...suffice it to say, every so often you read something that inspires you to improve...and on the odd occasion you read something that makes you want to set fire to your laptop, netbook, SD cards, pen drives and hard copies because while it's wonderful to see such beauty in the world, it's agony to know it doesn't come from inside your own head.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

I don't want this to turn into a mad guessing game...suffice it to say, every so often you read something that inspires you to improve...and on the odd occasion you read something that makes you want to set fire to your laptop, netbook, SD cards, pen drives and hard copies because while it's wonderful to see such beauty in the world, it's agony to know it doesn't come from inside your own head.

I'm actually doing the same thing right at this moment. Not an AW member, though. I have an MSDoc open, reading a fellow writer's novel and I'm blown away by it. I have no suggestions...it is THAT good. I am looking around for a shotgun, though...to suck on, I mean.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
LOL. It's okay for you to say...just not her. (-;

Yeah, what of it? LOL

Oh shut up and get back to writing. You just can't see how good your own stuff is. (Is that a writer trait? Being so painfully modest that when you read something good it makes your stuff look like crap?)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score

That is all.
You my dear need a kick in the butt for this. If you think someone is a better writer than you are, then take that feeling and show the world (and yourself) that you are or can be.

You and me, we set our sights at greatness. That takes time. It's also a pretty lofty goal. We may never get there, but fuck anyone who says we cant. Including us.

KickButt.gif

Last edited: