Baby Watch...Maybe

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
So, we just brought my daughter to the hospital in what seems to be labor. If it's not, it's a good impression of it. And, imagine my surprise that the hospital provides free wifi access! So, since there's no telling how long I'm going to be here or if--since hospitals LOVE to send women home and call it false labor--you guys can help keep me sane while I'm stuck in a room of people I either don't really know (Audrey's in-laws) or that I really hate (my ex-in-laws).

What a great way to spend an early Tuesday morning!

The baby watch has commenced at 12:34 am on October 20, 2009.

And my stupid ass took my normal contigent of sleep-inducing medications as usual half an hour before she came downstairs and asked, shaking like a leaf, "Mom, if the contractions are two minutes apart and I can't stand up straight, should we go to the hospital?"

*headdesk*

It's going to be a long night.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Baby!

Keeping all digits crossed it all goes smoothly, Cel. :Hug2:

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I just hope they don't send the poor girl home. She's been MIS-erable over the past few days. And she's tiny--like a size 1-2 at the ripe old age of twenty-one. So, if it turns out that she is in labor, at least there's an end in sight for her. Her due date is tomorrow, which is my husband's birthday.

No news so far. Only one person is allowed in the triage area with her while they determine if they're going to keep her. (My bet is that they will.) I *grudgingly yet graciously* permitted my son-in-law to stay with his wife.

I should get a medal for that. it's so hard not to be the interfering mother-in-law. I have to bite back so many natural instincts.

We shall see. She's been back there a half hour, so maybe they'll keep her this time. And, if they don't, they'll at least give the poor child something to let her sleep. I hope.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, that would be nice, to get something to help her rest. I had some Nubain (sp?) when I was in labor with Jase, and I slept through almost until he crowned. (They gave it to me when I was in transition and about to bash my brains in on the handrails)

First babies can take forever. I hope they don't make her go home and wait. Ugh.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
At about 2 in the morning, after more than a day of labor, my wife asked me to go outside and get her Mother. I'm blaming the drugs, but I found out later that my wife looked at her Mom and said, "I'm so sorry I ever put you through this."

Hang in there, Celina. You're a good Mom. You're daughter has a good guide to follow.

:)

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'll be fine. :D Her husband, on the other hand, strikes me as the pass out cold type of expectant father. If nothing else, I should get some good pictures of the medical staff trying to revive him while my daughter points and laughs at him.

It'll be awesome. I'll be able to blackmail him for YEARS.

mwahahahaha.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'll be fine. :D Her husband, on the other hand, strikes me as the pass out cold type of expectant father. If nothing else, I should get some good pictures of the medical staff trying to revive him while my daughter points and laughs at him.

It'll be awesome. I'll be able to blackmail him for YEARS.

mwahahahaha.

And after he passes out, you can take his place in the room. :D

Congrats on the exciting news. New babies are so sweet and warm and cuddly... now I want to hold one!

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I'll just step over...or maybe on...his prone body. No one will really care that much.

When they move her from triage to a room (if they do) I can go in there if she wants me to. At the moment, she wants just her husband to be there--which I think is fine and a wonderful idea. It's a special moment that couples get to share and I wouldn't want to be the third wheel for that.

But he'll still pass out. I've got money on it. :D My big issue is that his whole entire family hates my guts and I'll be stuck in here, alone with them, for hours probably. Hopefully, I convinced my son-in-law that he doesn't need to call and wake his family up now b/c she'll probably be in labor for hours.

*sigh*

Hopefully.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I am now convinced that despite having wifi access, this hospital is staffed with the stupidest people possible. They just put my daughter on oxygen because they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat.

...the fetal monitoring straps weren't connected to the monitor.

*rolls eyes*

At any rate, still no word. The boy found his legs, however, so things are looking up. :)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Just saw this! How exciting!!! Praying everything goes just perfectly for mom and baby! :) Does she know if it's a boy or a girl or is this a surprise?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it's a girl. her name will be Aurora Elizabeth.

And it's confirmed--we're having a baby today! I'll keep you guys posted with updates and hopefully a picture once she's born.

Chances are that my daughter is going to have a c-section but I'll know more in an hour or so.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. No baby yet.

Aurora's heart rate was dropping after every contraction when we brought Audrey in. So, they admitted her and started her on pitossin, in the hopes that the baby would respond and her heart rate stabilize. So far, it hasn't. If it hasn't by the time the doctor gets here, Audrey will have a c-section.

So that's the quarter of four update. Baby watch is at three hours and forty five minutes.

And her water just broke. Gotta go.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Latest baby check--no dilation at all. Still at one centimeter, which is where she has been for the past few days. Best I can tell--Audrey will have a c-section as soon as her doctor wakes up and drags into the hospital like at...seven.

So I just went and got a double vanilla latte. Hospital staff, beware.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Her contractions are getting stronger--much stronger--on the monitor at least. She doesn't feel them :Wha: all that much but the baby's heart rate is still dropping after each one. No dilation at all yet. C-section is looking like a certainty.

But she's doing fine and so is the baby overall. I think her husband is having more difficulty with this than she is. And man--I wish his dumbass brother would shut up about all the horrible things his wife went through with her deliveries. I just want to pop the idiot in the back of the head.

One latte down. Baby watch entering its fifth hour.

Last edited:

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Baby watch approaching eighth hour.

So, when the oncoming OBGYN nurse says as her opening gambit, "Be prepared for a LONG day" is it permissible to slap the crap out of her for being colossally stupid?

*headdesk*

And she then proceeded to tell me (already self-identified as the pregnant girl's mother) all about the procedures of labor and delivery, ignoring my poor daughter who was in the middle of a huge contraction.

Yeah. Caffeine is no longer working. Only my foul temperament is going to keep me awake for this. Why the foul temper you may ask? Because the c-section that looked like a certainty with the previous medical crew is looking now like it's not going to happen until every other option has been tried. Eight hours. No dilation. No effacement.

No meds.

Sadists.

*grumble grumble snarl snarl*

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this! Good luck- pacing -- ah -- waiting anxiously for the news!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You do realize that if the baby is born today, s/he will share a birthday with me, right? Crazy people are born on the 20th of October, I tell you, CRAZY!!!

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know. My birthday is the 16th and my husband's is tomorrow. There be lots of Libras in our household. One more won't matter either way. :D

no progress to report save that the sadists appear to be having a great (and loud) time at the nurse's station across the hall.