PDA

View Full Version : Mosby's Confederacy?

quixote100104
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Greetings :-),

Anybody out there very familiar with or live in the areas of northern Virginia where Mosby's Rangers operated during the American Civil War? I'm in the first stages of attempting to put together a serious research project on the region and history of the unit an it's operations, in support of an idea I have for a novel. The story is not so much about the unit as a whole, but rather centers on some characters who were in the area at the time (members, prospective members, local citizens, etc).

My primary source so far has been "Mosby's Rangers" by Jeffery D. Wert, one of the most interesting historical books I've ever read. If anyone can reccomend any other good sources, I'd appreciate it.

Puma
10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a TV series back, maybe in the late 50's / 60's, possibly called Gray Ghost about Mosby. I barely remember part of the theme song - "Gray Ghost was what they called him, ? Mosby was his name." (Really feel bad I can't remember his first name off the top of my head.) You might see if you can find something on that. As I remember, it was a pretty good series, and done back when Hollywood was still turning out some decent things. If nothing else you might be able to find some more information sources that way. Sorry I can't be of more help. Puma