5 Bad*** Authors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this.

http://www.cracked.com/article/152_5-authors-more-badass-than-badass-character-they-created/

Yeah, makes ya think doesn't it... :(

I don't know about you, but I'm gonna go for a walk and try to find a bear attacking a pregnant woman, and beat it down with my bare hands. Then I'll rescue some kids somehow, and stop global warming...

Also 6 authors who crapped out masterpieces: http://www.cracked.com/article_17221_6-writers-who-accidentally-crapped-out-masterpieces.html
Hope is restored. :D

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh! I just started reading those and have to thank you already :)

And I'm waaay more bada$$ than my MC ;) She'll learn a little as she goes along.

I'll still know more spies [former!!! don't forget the former :D]...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the links...lol

Dang...that means...well, never mind. I have known for a long time that what goes on in my head is way different from the way I have lived my life. It's interesting to see the second link. That is more up my alley. lol

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
np :D. Watch out for cracked.com though. It can be...addictive. AW-style addicitive. You've been warned.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
It's interesting to see the second link. That is more up my alley. lol

You scary girl!! :D :D

I love the Hemingway one [1st link]. I'd have loved to hang out with him. I stayed in a hotel where he'd lived in Paris, AAMOF, for the view, etc. I'm a bit of a fan ;)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
lol...CoD...love it. Thanks for the fun link and for encouraging some of us who take a bit of our own lives and sneak it into our stories.

erm...oooo boy..did I just admit to being a U.S. Marshall gone assassin? ;)

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
lol...CoD...love it. Thanks for the fun link and for encouraging some of us who take a bit of our own lives and sneak it into our stories.

erm...oooo boy..did I just admit to being a U.S. Marshall gone assassin? ;)

:D I encouraged someone. Nice!

Sadly, my bear hunting didn't go so well (oddly, none to be found in my neighborhood), and kids keep giving me weird looks when I ask if they need rescuing. Ah well, tomorrow.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
:D I encouraged someone. Nice!

Sadly, my bear hunting didn't go so well (oddly, none to be found in my neighborhood), and kids keep giving me weird looks when I ask if they need rescuing. Ah well, tomorrow.
Perhaps you are looking for the wrong kind of bear. My house is overrun by Barista Bears from Starbucks. :D

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
So if I write a book about a zoo keeper whose clothes are only 85% soaking wet and freezing cold and smell like very old frog poo, I'll technically be more badass than my character, because right now I am at 100% of all of the above.

Do I have this correct?

Funny articles. Oh, Lord Byron!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
At one point he was so injured that some American newspapers ran his obituary. Yes, that's right--Hemingway was so badass that he got to read his own obituary.

Now THAT is something to aspire toward.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting about Fleming. I'd always thought he was something of a spy manque who created James Bond partly as wish fulfillment.

I don't know if any of Malory's characters are more badass than he was, except maybe Morgan le Fay and the giant on Mont St. Michel-- he was pretty hardcore.

Had no idea about Doyle -- very cool.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
np :D. Watch out for cracked.com though. It can be...addictive. AW-style addicitive. You've been warned.

Dang it. Knew I should've read the rest of this thread before I clicked that link (she says three hours later...)

And the awesome thing - there's a link at the bottom of every article asking if I think I'm a funny writer, and challenging me to write a Cracked topic for a chance at fifty bucks. Must... resist... temptation!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Jeffrey Archer. Well, he's bad and he's certainly an ass.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'll still know more spies [former!!! don't forget the former :D]...

Some of my past acquaintances and friends are just as...let's go with colorful, shall we? :D

I'm definitely more badass than my main character. She has to be sympathetic so I can sell her story, while I do not. :D

(Says the woman who helped an old lady load her groceries into her car on Friday.)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Some of my past acquaintances and friends are just as...let's go with colorful, shall we? :D

I'm definitely more badass than my main character. She has to be sympathetic so I can sell her story, while I do not. :D

(Says the woman who helped an old lady load her groceries into her car on Friday.)

Hee hee. I'm glad someone else admitted it :D I cheated; my MC is the totally sheltered type.

Me? Not sheltered. A colorful background, yes. And I have all the sense of a cat, so curiosity brings about odd tales! I'm like Unruly Kitten Bada$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.