May not be on here for awhile...

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our car died and howie thinks it's kaput. We're really upset, so I'm not up to posting. Hope to be back soon.

L&H suse

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, poor Suse. :( Don't leave us! We can finally return all the loveliness you've sent our way and try to cheer you up. (((hugs))) Susie. I hope you're feeling a lot better soon.x

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
:Cake:

With all due respect to fellow members, this place will not be the same.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
{{Susie}}

Kaput cars are no fun. Especially if they're beloved kaput cars.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Susie, we're here for you, sweetie! What would AW be without our Susie Sunshine?!
5.gif

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, you're not going to believe this, but the tow truck guy came, put the keys in the ignition and the car started! We'll take it to the garage tomorrow. It prolly needs new breaks, but man that was scary. Tell me we're not haunted... In other words, I'm baaaaaaaaaack! LOL

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Pheeewww! That was close. (((hugs))) Glad you're not leaving us on our own for a while. We need your sweetness!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, don't scare me like that. I almost thought it was Halloween. :D

Nnaemeka

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...what a lucky break! Bet you felt a bit silly when all it took was turning the keys. XD
Just imagining the tow guy's disapproving face.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Aww, thx much, story. Right back atcha! We go from one bad thing to another in RL, so being here really is my salvation and you know I gotta keep you guys in check. LOL.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, you're not going to believe this, but the tow truck guy came, put the keys in the ignition and the car started! We'll take it to the garage tomorrow. It prolly needs new breaks, but man that was scary. Tell me we're not haunted... In other words, I'm baaaaaaaaaack! LOL

Yayyy! Susie's back! :snoopy:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Susie, don't scare me like that. I almost thought it was Halloween. :D

Wow...what a lucky break! Bet you felt a bit silly when all it took was turning the keys. XD
Just imagining the tow guy's disapproving face.

Sorry, aadams, yeah, for us it always feels like Halloween in RL. Just prayin' the mechanic can see what's wrong cheaply.

Yeah, Nnaemeka, the guy didn't look too happy... It sure is a relief, just don't know what's wrong with it.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm, from one person who has an elderly vehicle to another, it might be the starter. That's what was wrong with mine when it wouldn't start. Second, could be the battery. Both of those are fairly inexpensive . . . usually. Depending on the vechicle it may run you . . . between 100 and 400 dollars I think.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Not haunted? So close to Holloween? ;)

Seriously--great news. Hope that it's nothing serious or expensive!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Susie, I'm so sorry to hear about your car. I hope it's not anything terrible or expensive. My daughter just got out of college and just was hired for a job in another town and her car engine blew before her first day. Totally wiped out any money I had stashed. I know how horrible you must feel. Sending you all the good blessings possible.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I've been there, too, thinking something is majorly wrong only to have a mechanic type whip the beast car into shape in seconds.
Glad your back!!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm, from one person who has an elderly vehicle to another, it might be the starter.

True. When I was in high school, I had this problem with my clunker. It rarely started for me, so I'd call my dad to come pick me up. He'd show up, pop in his spare key, and the car woud start just fine.

Apparently, the weight from my keys/keychain kept the car from starting properly, but just using the one key worked fine. It was very frustrating, though. I thought I was cursed. I even had to leave it at a gas station pump once, because it wouldn't start. Very embarassing...