Advance Review of *Inklings*, a Memoir

Donald Schneider

Registered
Reaction score
An executive at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt emailed me a few weeks ago to inquire if I would have any interest in receiving an advance copy of an upcoming book they are publishing. The book in question is entitled Inklings, by Jeffrey Koterba. It is a memoir of Mr. Koterba’s rise from a rather chaotic childhood in Omaha to his present position as a critically acclaimed editorial cartoonist with the Omaha World-Herald. Mr. Koterba has been diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome and grew up with the then undiagnosed condition as a youngster.

As my website is partially devoted to TS as well as to literary reviews, the executive from HMH thought I might be interested. I responded that I would consider it an honor to review a book from such an old and prestigious publishing house as hers and to review a work written by one of our fellow TS sufferers, especially one authored by such an illustrious personage who might serve as an inspiration for us all. Nevertheless, the author’s Tourette’s is not the primary focus of the book. So for any who might not be interested in such a topic, please reserve judgment until you read the review which takes just a few minutes.

Inklings is scheduled for release on November 3, 2009. For any interested in reading my review and investigating the book, please click on the below URL. Please note, I have no association with either HMH or Mr. Koterba and have received no payment for my effort beyond a courtesy, advance copy of the book:

http://wwwdnschneidercom.xbuild.com/...152/4536147089