PDA

View Full Version : Today has convinced me that the age of the Dumb Blonde Joke is over. . .

JoeEkaitis
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
. . . and the era of the Stupid California Driver Joke has arrived.

(yeah, it rained on the way in to work today.)

Kitty Pryde
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
This morning's traffic report: the 5 is closed due to an accident...the 405 is closed due to an accident...the 134 is closed due to an accident...the 101 is closed...due to an accident. It seems you can get away with driving 100 mph weaving in and out of lanes all summer long in LA, but you can't do it in the rain.

186 accidents reported so far this morning, vs. 19 last wednesday! I'm taking the subway home...

kayleamay
10-14-2009, 07:58 PM
If it's any consolation, Washington drivers are just as bad, and have no excuse. It rains constantly here, and people still freak out when the wet stuff falls (skid to stop, hydroplane, etc.). I just don't get it.

backslashbaby
10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I've heard about the Cali drivers and rain when my dad lived there recently. Pretty bad!

We drive through thunderstorms and the occasional inland hurricane all the time, but we still haven't figured out snowfall ;)

MaryMumsy
10-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm a natural blonde. A friend's husband (both now deceased) used to delight in finding blonde jokes to tell me. I've never heard this one from anyone else.

The blonde was tired of being treated like she was dumb, so she went to the hair salon and had her hair dyed a nice rich shade of brown. She was so pleased she decided to go for a drive in the country in her convertible with the top down. After a while she had to stop for a man moving his flock of sheep across the road. It took some time, so she got out and sat on the hood of the car, watching the sheep. She told the man, I think your sheep are so cute. If I tell you how many you have, could I have one? He thought about it, and said yes. So she took a long look over the flock and said, you have exactly 387 sheep. He was astounded, but she was right. He said, go pick which one you want. She waded out into the flock, picked one up, and carried it back to her car. He took a good look at her and said: if I can tell you your natural hair color, could I have my dog back?

MM

Kitty Pryde
10-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm a natural blonde. A friend's husband (both now deceased) used to delight in finding blonde jokes to tell me. I've never heard this one from anyone else.

The blonde was tired of being treated like she was dumb, so she went to the hair salon and had her hair dyed a nice rich shade of brown. She was so pleased she decided to go for a drive in the country in her convertible with the top down. After a while she had to stop for a man moving his flock of sheep across the road. It took some time, so she got out and sat on the hood of the car, watching the sheep. She told the man, I think your sheep are so cute. If I tell you how many you have, could I have one? He thought about it, and said yes. So she took a long look over the flock and said, you have exactly 387 sheep. He was astounded, but she was right. He said, go pick which one you want. She waded out into the flock, picked one up, and carried it back to her car. He took a good look at her and said: if I can tell you your natural hair color, could I have my dog back?

MM

ROFL! That's more of an idiot savant blonde joke :D