COFFEEWISE

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The SF/F Cantina thread is known to spend a majority of its time talking about coffee and the time of consuming it (Coffee Timez!). I love coffee, but I almost always stick to 2-4 cups a day. Two dozen--goodness! I would be lying on the floor begging the room to stop vibrating if I tried that. A shaky tip-o-the-hat to you, sir.

Rolli

writes - and draws a little
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rolliwrites.wordpress.com
It may seem an awful lot, Kitty, but I've built up a tolerance from years of hard drinking. It's reached the point where I need nine or ten cups to feel the slightest buzz. I can get a little bit sketchy after twenty, I'll admit.

I drink tea, too, in the evening - always Earl Grey.

Suppose I really should give water a try. It's just so - tedious.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It may seem an awful lot, Kitty, but I've built up a tolerance from years of hard drinking. It's reached the point where I need nine or ten cups to feel the slightest buzz. I can get a little bit sketchy after twenty, I'll admit.

I drink tea, too, in the evening - always Earl Grey.

Suppose I really should give water a try. It's just so - tedious.

I've been known to down more than a dozen cups in a day as well. I've tried switching to tea, but it just didn't have the same appeal for me. I even tried Viso. All I can say about that is..BLECH!

My tolerance is so high that I really never get a caffeine buzz anymore, but it keeps me from driving my car off the road when sleep deprived.

I bleed dark roast.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Two or three mugs to help wake up and stave off hunger before lunch. Anything more and the coffee tends to make me feel queasy.

Rolli

writes - and draws a little
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rolliwrites.wordpress.com
I've been known to down more than a dozen cups in a day as well. I've tried switching to tea, but it just didn't have the same appeal for me. I even tried Viso. All I can say about that is..BLECH!

My tolerance is so high that I really never get a caffeine buzz anymore, but it keeps me from driving my car off the road when sleep deprived.

I bleed dark roast.

I suspect there are a lot of black-bloods among us. It's too bad about tolerance. For a while, I tried drinking espressos instead, but it left me wondering what that would lead to, when I'd built up a tolerance to it. I'd've wound up, mornings, filling a bowl with fine grind, and eating it with a spoon.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I drink an average of 3-4 cups (currently just decaf) per week. Two on Tuesday morning, one on Sunday morning, and one every other Thursday morning.

Yes, it's an odd pattern... but very easily explained. Every event at my church features a steaming pot of coffee, and I can't resist the smell. :)

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
About 2-3 cups, but I do drink about 150 cups of black tea per day.

Edit: I should qualify this. I don't like American drip coffee. At home I perk it, which makes it stronger. Otherwise, I drink espresso, which I add up as about 3 shots equal to one cup.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Another thing about too much coffee, and it might just be me, but it tends to, um, loosen the bowels a little more than necessary. That's been my experience, anyway, which I'm sure you're all pleased to know about at this point.

ETA: I said to my friend once, "You really need to get your shit together."

He said, "I know. I should cut down on the caffeine..."

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Another thing about too much coffee, and it might just be me, but it tends to, um, loosen the bowels a little more than necessary. That's been my experience, anyway, which I'm sure you're all pleased to know about at this point.

ETA: I said to my friend once, "You really need to get your shit together."

He said, "I know. I should cut down on the caffeine..."
Coffee is good for your intestines and it does help you go. There is some research out there that indicates coffee drinkers have fewer polyps and incidences of colon cancer.

As far as my consumption, I fill a travel mug in the morning, make sure it is full when I leave the house, top off at my mom's when I drop off the girls, and usually leave some in the cup after it gets cold at work. I usually have tea in the afternoon at work, but I sometimes have coffee at home in the evenings.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like my coffee.

But I have high blood pressure so I have to go easy on how much I drink.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, for those of you up there in the double digits... does that not just make you have to go pee constantly?!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I drink 6-10 cups of strong tea a day, as well as around 5-6 pints of water.

My dad drinks upwards of 12 coffees, and rarely drinks anything else (excluding booze). :eek:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I love coffee but it makes me sick. I don't know anybody like me who can drink coffee and have a severe blood sugar drop. One minute i'm fine the next I drop off a cliff. I can drink a cup but it has to be at the end of my day and i have to be really tired or else I stay up.

Did you know you could get the same bowel effect if you drank a cup of hot water.