PDA

View Full Version : Celine Dion & Anastacia - You Shook Me All Night Long (Live Divas Las Vegas 2002) HDT

coloneldax
10-14-2009, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmC8JTTVy0

Filine
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
She got a lot of shit for this one haha. It was just hilarious and it was all for fun...CÚline shines as the 'nerd' she is, 100% herself...that's why I adore it!!

darryl
10-14-2009, 06:31 PM
I have the DvD.... the first diva's was the best, but this one was pretty good too overall.

godessceline
10-15-2009, 01:43 AM
She got a lot of shit for this one haha. It was just hilarious and it was all for fun...CÚline shines as the 'nerd' she is, 100% herself...that's why I adore it!!

Interestingly enough, Anastacia didn't get half the shit CÚline did. CÚline's just an easy target because of her quirks and goofiness, but she's a million times more genuine than most people. I was actually never too fond of this performance but I think that's just because I really don't like the song.

coloneldax
10-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Why did Celine get shit for this video?
I don't usually like her, but this is a great performance and video..

godessceline
10-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Why did Celine get shit for this video?
I don't usually like her, but this is a great performance and video..

The AC/DC fans didn't take her covering their Gods too lightly...it'c cause she's CÚline Dion, really. Anyone else and they wouldn't have been as harsh.

coloneldax
10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
The AC/DC fans didn't take her covering their Gods too lightly...it'c cause she's CÚline Dion, really. Anyone else and they wouldn't have been as harsh.

How about this then? ;-) :
Shania Twain You Shook Me All Night Long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTucA0IpOhk

godessceline
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
^ I never did like her voice -or style of music- but I guess the media felt like slaying CÚline off more. They always do...

Alamanach
05-29-2010, 03:50 AM
"She was a fast machine/
she kept her motor clean..."

I take it no one explained to Shania and Celine what 'motor' is refering to here? Change the gender and the line is just weird.

darryl
05-30-2010, 03:46 AM
"She was a fast machine/
she kept her motor clean..."

I take it no one explained to Shania and Celine what 'motor' is refering to here? Change the gender and the line is just weird.

Well, actually both of those ladies can be quite... randy, from time to time. And yes, they understand it.

Songs are songs. Even the same song, to the same sex, doesn't always evoke the same meanings.

I loved when Shania wondered if anyone would sign Man I Feel Like A Wo-man on idol- referring to the guys. Nothing like tweaking the noses of the uber religious...