PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten PS3 Games....

markchandler
10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
This list is the Top Ten PS3 'Must Have' Games, that all PS3 owners should have in their collection - so not necessarily new ones. Some games missing from the article, I may have to put some in the comments - good list though.

Here's the list (http://unofficialps3.blogspot.com/2009/10/top-ten-ps3-must-have-games-for-xmas.html)
Enjoy!

DragonHeart
10-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Wow...I own exactly one game on that list heh. My list would look nothing like it. Although I don't think I even own ten games for PS3 yet...

Ah well, lists are subjective. I'm mainly an RPGer and have virtually no interest in the particular games on there. Next year is going to be huge for the RPG genre though. I can't wait! Final Fantasy 13 (atm...they always push it back), White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 4, Resonance of Fate, NieR...talk about an overload of awesome. XD Then there's non-RPG games like The Last Guardian and Heavy Rain...I don't think I'm going to sleep at all next year lol.

OddButInteresting
10-16-2009, 07:31 PM
'Metal Gear Solid IV', 'Grand Theft Auto IV', 'Batman: Arkham Asylum'? I'm afraid I can't trust these 'Top 10' rankings, they're far too narrow.

And I loathe racing games. Except Wipeout, and Mario Kart for the Wii. They're amazing, it goes without saying.

That said, 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' (despite feeling a little short-changed with the ending), 'LittleBigPlanet' and 'Lego Batman' are all fantastic.

Just play games, and distrust scientific thinking when applied to measuring videogame quality.

MGraybosch
10-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Not a single RPG? Screw that.

Kaiser-Kun
10-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Where's Warhawk or Fallout 3 or Prototype?

MGraybosch
10-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Just play games, and distrust scientific thinking when applied to measuring videogame quality.

There's no such thing as "scientific thinking" when it comes to determining whether or not a game sucks or not. there's just opinions.

Zoombie
10-22-2009, 09:12 AM
PS3's have *good* games!?

Opty
10-24-2009, 11:05 AM
PS3s have GREAT games.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (non-PS3 only game)
4. Metal Gear Solid IV
5. Killzone 2

MGraybosch
10-25-2009, 02:17 AM

Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles

Kaiser-Kun
10-25-2009, 06:09 AM

LittleBig Planet
Warhawk
Demon's Souls
Fat Princess
inFamous

joemclaughlin4
11-03-2009, 03:24 AM
'Metal Gear Solid IV', 'Grand Theft Auto IV', 'Batman: Arkham Asylum'? I'm afraid I can't trust these 'Top 10' rankings, they're far too narrow.

And I loathe racing games. Except Wipeout, and Mario Kart for the Wii. They're amazing, it goes without saying.

That said, 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' (despite feeling a little short-changed with the ending), 'LittleBigPlanet' and 'Lego Batman' are all fantastic.

I love GTA: IV one of the best.

Opty
11-03-2009, 10:21 AM

I don't even understand what your first or last sentence means here. The blogger in the link was just posting his/her opinion. That's all. You don't have to agree with it ("too narrow?"). And, there's nothing scientific at all in that person's opinion nor do they present it as such.

Like you, they were simply listing games they love and that's really the only criterion any of us needs for making our own lists.

cethklein
11-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I only own p3 game (as far as disc based titles go) and that would be Folklore. A very underrated gem in my opinion. I guess I'm not very cool. I do own plenty of downloadable titles, I just haven't gotten around to buying many actual disc based stuff yet.

One thing about that list though, Gran Turismo 5. The game isn't even out, how can they sy it's one of the best? Kind of calls the whole lsit into question.

Delhomeboy
11-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm still waiting for FF13. That will bring my total PS3 game count up to--two.

darkprincealain
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah that list seems kinda skewed. Especially now that FF13 and Resonance of Fate have been released.

JimmyB27
04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah that list seems kinda skewed. Especially now that FF13 and Resonance of Fate have been released.
The list is from last October, but that didn't stop him including Uncharted 2, and even GT5!

robeiae
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
My kids love Uncharted--both of them--and I enjoy watching them play. It's a lot of fun.

My son is all about Battlefield: Bad Company, however. All of his friends that have XBox--and The Call of Duty games--are jealous.

He also enjoys Little Big Planet and the downloadable Pain. My daughter also likes the downloadable Fat Princess.

Rhys Cordelle
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
That top ten is awful. If that were truly the top ten I would have no desire to purchase a PS3.

xjohn1337
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Demon's Souls is awesome, but a really harsh and unforgiving game at first.

dclary
04-30-2010, 12:52 AM
PS3s have GREAT games.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (non-PS3 only game)
4. Metal Gear Solid IV
5. Killzone 2

This alone is reason why I don't own a PS3.