Silence from Prospective Agent

CRR

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the basics:

I sent out query letters a while back, and had a few requests for more material. As expected, most of the subsequent replies were a nice thanks but no thanks. However, I had one agent reply with the following;

"I just finished reading your manuscript First Touch of Dark. Since you submitted it to me as a multiple submission I need to know if you are still seeking an agent. If you are I am ready to continue our discussion."

I was thrilled and quickly emailed her back. I have now been waiting for a reply for three weeks, when she was the one who wanted to continue. I feel if she wasn't interested, I would have gotten the normal blow off. I have no idea what to do now.

user_online.gif
progress.gif

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Email again, with the suggestion that your first email may have gotten chewed in the spam filter. That happens.

That's the right approach. If the agent read the MS as she said, why would there be a delay? And if she never got your email, she's probably fuming at how rude you were not to reply.

Danthia

I'd check back as well. It's also possible they got hit with a ton of unexpected work and haven't had a chance to get back to you.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Yes to the above advice. Don't wait.