Post all your ideas about Little League fundraising here in this thread...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I volunteered to be the fundraising guru for the next year, and I really have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

I have a few ideas about some things to do, but I'd love to hear from anybody who has been involved with it and get any ideas you might have.

Or, y'all can just post joking suggestions for the lulz.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been involved in it, but I always see kids outside Walmart begging for money. I never give them any (I'm a poor university student) but presumably someone does. *shrugs*

I think that a better idea, though, may be to try to get some business sponsors--get businesses to donate things for the kids to sell.

You could have the little-league parents provide little bakes goods, cookies, and things to sell at games.

If you can get a local business to donate something nice, you could have a raffle for it.

(To get businesses to donate things, you may have to promise them advertising. A 'sponsored by' sign or whatever.)

A lot of this depends on how big of a deal little league is in your area, too.

I like the 'selling things' method, rather than the begging, cuz at least then people feel like they're getting something for their money.

Last edited:

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine was named high school coach of the year. He had a $300/year budget - not enough to pay for the umpires. He held different fundraisers. His most successful was to have the players sell a number of tickets for a car wash to be held at a future date. Most people considered it a donation as they didn't bother to show up or forgot about it.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
We used to do car washes, too, but not with tickets. Just stood outside a Burger King, etc., with a sign and usually washed cars for donations rather than a set price. Those were always our biggest money raisers.