Floating blobs in vision: reason to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Spiralling into the abyss
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya,

Since I'm not a member of any medical message boards and the people here make up a much more knowledgable and diverse group than most of my motorsport forums, I figured you'd be a good bunch to pitch this to.

I've often noticed when I've been pouring over a good book or sitting hunched at my desk reading something on my PC, especially things with light or white backgrounds, that a small brown/grey floating blob has been whizzing from left to right to left to right to left, etc.

The movement of it I begna to notice coincided with the movement of my eyes and I suddenly realised it wasn't some pesky little micro-fly, it was a blob in my vision. Something I usually just attrribute to being junk on the lens of my glasses, but sicne I wasn't wearing them...

Doing some very scientific experimentation: Closing one eye and looking around and then repeating with the other eye, I have deduced that I have one blob in each eye. The one in the right being more noticeable.

Is this indicative of a much larger problem or of big problems to come? Should I worry and seek help or do eyes sometimes just develop floaty specks that you can't get rid of?

I've looked closely at my eyes in the mirror and have never been able to locate any visible scarring, injuries, foreign objects or anything else that may offer any easy explanation.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a board about writing --not medical advice. Seek out the services of a good doctor.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Sorry, this is a board about writing --not medical advice. Seek out the services of a good doctor.
Make an appointment with your optician immediately, they'll scope your eyes and identify whatever the obstruction is, and will give you a medical referral if needed.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.