Beats Head Against the Wall

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Just want to rant a little... grr... it's my fault so no one needs to duck.

Sent off a query with the requested 50 pages. Double checked to make sure it was 50 pages, no more no less. Woke up this morning and checked it again. Grr.. In attaching it to the query, my computer did a slight reformat and sent off ... 63 pages. Sigh... one agent down...

At least I know now.

Danthia

Not necessarily. It all depends on the agent. If they're a real stickler and check the page count before reading anything, and decide to reject you on that alone, then yeah, you're sunk. (but did you really want an agent like anyway? nah). Odds are more likely they're just start reading and if they love it, they'll have extra pages. If they don't, they won't notice you sent extra because they won't get that far. Or they'll see you sent extra and roll their eyes and start reading same as someone who sent 50 pages.

Mistakes happen, agents know this. Most of them won't boot you for it.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't go nuts about it. My first request for a full I put "Query for me memoir" in the subject line.

pirate.png

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Query for me memoir! LOL. I'm laughing my ass off. Was it pirate day?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
It was jackass day.

Ironic that the publisher's name was Jack.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
'Query for me Memoir' Brilliant!

I sent off a query last week to an agent I really like. The other day, I was checking through outstanding queries, and realized that I'd addressed that particular query to 'Dear Ms 'name-of-agency' and not her name.

Cross that one off the list.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was copying and pasting names into a query letter, but failed on one. It was addressed "Dear super agent person"

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I was copying and pasting names into a query letter, but failed on one. It was addressed "Dear super agent person"

I remember an amusing post about someone failing to copy and paste a name into "Dear mean bitter agent who will definitely reject me" (or something along those lines). :tongue

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Did you hear back, Wayne? :tongue

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. A request for 50 pages from a reasonable agent is usually done so that people don't send 12,938 pages of their work-in-progress and clog up teh internetz until a week next Sunday. I can't see you getting rejected for a few extra pages.