Table of Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perdoon

Registered
Reaction score
We all know what a table of figures is. For a research assignment, I originally had a table of figures that included figures, equations and tables.

It looked pretty messy and spanned two and a half pages, so to make it neater, I've split it up until a table of figures, a table of equations and a... Table of tables.

My question is, is it called a table of tables or is there something far smarter than I *should* know of but don't/have forgotten?

The number of times I've typed, read and said the word 'table' trying to find the answer to this means I'm not sure what it means any more :tongue

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but it seemed the most logical place. I tried to do a search on it but I'm stuck on what feels like a <56k modem (I had a 56k modem until recently, they're painful!) so it's a struggle just to get pages to load :tongue. In my inextensive search, I didn't find anything

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
When I edit engineering and scientific papers and grant proposals, we usually have a list of figures (with the heading "Figures") and a list of tables (with the heading "Tables"). These follow the Table of Contents. That way you don't have to have a "Table of Tables."

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep is always a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.