PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

Turtle's_Daddy
10-10-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum (forgive me if it's not - after all, I'm a newbie), but I'm looking for advice on finding an agent for drama. I've got a list a mile long to query for my children's book, but can't seem to find anything on PM to help.

Any suggestions from the pros?

Darzian
10-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Have you tried AgentQuery.com ? Sorry I can't be of any further help. I'm not familiar with the drama part. There is a another sub forum called "Scripts, Stage and Screen" which may be helpful.

Link is http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Good luck.

Lady Ice
10-10-2009, 12:13 PM
If it's a stageplay, you want to get it performed first, so send it in to a company or director.

Turtle's_Daddy
10-10-2009, 11:19 PM
If it's a stageplay, you want to get it performed first, so send it in to a company or director.

Thanks; I'll try that route first.

Although I know this isn't what you're talking about, I've "donated" it to my old high school (it was semi-inspired by a George S. Kaufman one-act that some friends of mine were in back in the day (ah, memories...)), so they can perform it royalty-free. The theater director says they'll be doing it either this year or next. So at the very least, I'll have that performance to look back on while filing rejections. :e2dance:

Lady Ice
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
If you can get them to do it locally and get it in the newspaper, that'd be good.