PDA

View Full Version : I got a new-old car!

JoNightshade
10-10-2009, 02:18 AM
We just bought a 2006 Ford Focus wagon. I test drove it yesterday, was leaning toward going for it, then called this morning and discovered the dealership had knocked $2,000 off the price. Three hours later it was mine. :)

This will be my first experience with the whole certified pre-owned business... we'll see how that goes, but it sounds pretty good.

Also, this is probably the most practical car I have ever had. It's essentially a babymobile. I bought it because it's reliable, in good shape, has a bunch of room in the back, etc. It's also white, my very least favorite car color. I think I'm going to need to decorate it with some pretty decals or something. ;)

MattW
10-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Cool! New (even old-new) cars are fun to putz around in - like new shoes you just want to wear everywhere.

I'm avoiding the babymobile as long as I can. My coupe will not fit a carseat, but I have the luxury of letting my wife care take her places while I just use my car to go to work.

And I had a white car once - yuck! I decorated it with filth and dents.

JoNightshade
10-10-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm avoiding the babymobile as long as I can. My coupe will not fit a carseat, but I have the luxury of letting my wife care take her places while I just use my car to go to work.

Yeah, see... now my husband gets to have the "good" car for work. (Our Civic hybrid, which we bought new.) We've been sharing it and we both really like it. Ah, practicality.

At least I didn't get a minivan. :)

MattW
10-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, see... now my husband gets to have the "good" car for work. (Our Civic hybrid, which we bought new.) We've been sharing it and we both really like it. Ah, practicality. We drive my wifes SUV on weekend. Partly because we can load it with stuff, but partly because I drive my coupe like it was designed to be driven, and that doesn't amke passengers feel safe.

At least I didn't get a minivan. :):ban

JoNightshade
10-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I am terrified of minivans. I am convinced that the day I get one is the day my identity has been totally consumed by MOM. :)

Susie
10-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Way2go, Jo (hey, that rymes) Congrats on your car and bet it's a winner!

stormie
10-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Ford Focus wagon--great car. Congrats!

tjwriter
10-10-2009, 07:01 AM
I got a minivan out of total practicality, and I love it. It's roomy. I hauled my new computer desk home in that sucker. Plus, when the kids get bigger, I can haul them and their friends around, since you aren't supposed to put children under 12 in the front anymore. I have three extra seats in the back now.

MattW
10-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Some of my inlaws insist that they will never own a Focus. Because of their accent, Focus becomes an odd request.