Most Embarrassing Wedding Footage/Public Speaking Incidents

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Well, saw this on Tosh.0, and just thought wow, truth is stranger than fiction. I mean, I can't believe someone actually said this at the Best Man Toast at a Wedding.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mcgrind/worst-best-man-toast-jl8

Anyways, just thought I'd post for comments. Also, if you have any links to other funny wedding footage or public speaking incidents, please post as its always a good thing to lighten up the P&CE forum from time to time.

Mel...

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
You mean the thread about the Chinese invasion isn't light enough for you?

I remember one with the maid of honour and a huge trail of snot hanging from her nose as she gives her tearful toast. Nothing like a great big booger to tell your friends how happy you are for them.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah...

I think when he made the abortion 'joke' he lost his audience.

I went to a wedding where they had the Worst. Piper. Ever. He started playing 'Abide With Me' and the groom's dad had to go and gie him a dunt. ('Gieing someone a dunt' means suggesting, perhaps with some coercion, that you'd like someone to stop doing something. :)) And he kept running out of breath and stopping mid song. Torture.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Slight derail:

Yesterday on Fox and Friends they had a newlywed couple and their best man as guests.

The best man had created a slide show and somehow inserted pics of Obama into all of the pics of the couple.

It was really cool. It showed them on vacation on the beach and there was Obama in trunks behind them, or golfing together with Obama at their side.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
For speech class, we were supposed to go in the back yard and write a speech about what we found there. I found my dad, and I described it as : I found my dad, wacking away .... I said this with the accompanying arm motion. Yes. I was 15 at the time, and complete a-sexual. Everyone else got it, and I just stood there, looking dumb, as per my usual. Then I caught it and was horrified.

Oh, and this was being video-taped. For the first time ever, we were going to be evaluated and I was to shy to say "No, I am too shy to be video taped." So I got to relive my horror a week later when we replayed the tapes and were evaluated.

I still wish someone would shoot me over it.