Were You Impacted by A Suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenmbryson

Non-fiction author is currently seeking interview participants and/or personal stories for a new book. If you've had a close friend or loved one commit suicide and feel you were impacted by their death, please consider volunteering to be interviewed, or contributing your story, to a new book intended to help survivors of suicide in coping with their loved one's death. Contact Karen Mueller Bryson, Ph.D. at [email protected] or visit the website at http://www.homestead.com/thosetheyleftbehind/

Ursula T. Gibson

I'd like to reply to your question, but when I went to your link, I found myself on a general page for Yahoo, rather than anything referring to your question. I don't know how to get around Yahoo or what to do. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. :)

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Ursula T. Gibson said:
I'd like to reply to your question, but when I went to your link, I found myself on a general page for Yahoo, rather than anything referring to your question. I don't know how to get around Yahoo or what to do. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. :)
Hi Ursula, and welcome to AbsoluteWrite.

I think that you perhaps clicked on the link for the e-mail address, which leads to the Yahoo page, because if someone has Yahoo e-mail and is signed in, they will be directed straight to the "compose message" page. The e-mail address is indeed [email protected], but in the original you would have needed to copy and paste the e-mail address, not click on it. I have changed this in my post, so that the e-mail address is clickable, so if you click it, you should be able to compose a message through your AOL e-mail. If this does not work for some reason, copy and paste it, and it should definitely work. :)

However, if you click the second link (http://www.homestead.com/thosetheyleftbehind/) you will find that it leads you directly to the website.

Hope that helps! :)

l.stormgaye

AKA THE SHOPARAZZI
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I was deeply impacted by Phyllis Hyman's suicide. Her music was extraodinarily soulful, deep and suicidally melodic, so much so that, in retrospect, one could gather just by listening to her sing that she was hopelessly suicidal for a very long time.

Many of her songs were that of loneliness and love lost.

She was an opera singer-turned R&B jazz songstress whose life was cut short at the age of 46 when she committed suicide by drug overdose in 1995.

I was on a date when I heard the devastating news on the radio. Tears swam down my face. It was so dark and so sad.

My friend and I wanted to buy the rights of her life story from her estate so that we could write and sell the screenplay, but we were emphatically denied.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
If anyone is considering sharing their story with the original person who posted the opportunity, I suggest you contact her as she requested, by e-mail and/or by visiting her site and e-mailing her from there. We cannot be sure that she will return to visit this thread, so if you truly want to be a part of this it would be best to contact her off the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.