Send manuscript via email

cswayden

Registered
Reaction score
Help! I'm excited but I don't know what to do. I just got an email from an agent requesting the full manuscript but they said to said it via email. It's 90,000 words. Do I sent it as an attachment? They didn't say to or do I just paste the entire thing in the body of the email? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
  • Make sure the manuscript is in double-spaced 12pt Times New Roman. Possibly Courier.
  • Ensure that your surname, email address and possibly novel title are on every page, using a header or footer.
  • Number each page.
  • Write a brief reply to the email (maintaining the chain, so that the original request is below) thanking her for the request, reminding her of the title, wordcount and genre, manuscript is attached, hope you enjoy etc etc.
  • Attach to the email.
  • Send.
  • Celebrate. :tongue

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
  • Make sure the manuscript is in double-spaced 12pt Times New Roman. Possibly Courier.
  • Ensure that your surname, email address and possibly novel title are on every page, using a header or footer.
  • Number each page.
  • Write a brief reply to the email (maintaining the chain, so that the original request is below) thanking her for the request, reminding her of the title, wordcount and genre, manuscript is attached, hope you enjoy etc etc.
  • Attach to the email.
  • Send.
  • Celebrate. :tongue
  • wait
  • keep sending out queries
  • write another book while you're waiting

cswayden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm ready to celebrate and then write some more. Maybe today it will be heavy on the celebrate and then tomorrow, heavy on the writing. Thanks.

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
Send it to a friend, who then sends it back to you. Just in case it attaches and/or opens funny. Takes a couple of minutes to do. It doesn't happen very frequently, but sometimes you hear of problems.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe