Oh god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
So today I randomly google'd "Random Fantasy Plot Generator" and got this.

http://www.warpcoresf.co.uk/fantasyplot2.php

I've been laughing myself red in the face for probably half an hour, trying to imagine a book written off of one of these. It gets worse because sometimes I get one that actually has some potential for survival.

I just thought I would share this source of laughter with you guys.

Faide

Like Dirty Gentlemen
Registered
Reaction score
It's hilarous xD Thanks for sharing!

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
So... how long 'til computers are writing books? Or... trying to write books? :tongue

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
It was somewhat amusing, but after the third "feral" human, I got bored.

This was the most amusing:

"A blind golddigger is fighting for freedom in a disease-ridden monastery. Her friend is possessed by an undead ghost. With the help of a greedy talking dog, she must give up the thing that is loved the most in order to save her world." If they cut off the "save he world" thingy, it might make an okay story.

Last edited:

Z0Marley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A greedy barbarian is lost in a waterless library. His childhood friend is kidnapped by a mysterious vampire. With the help of an athletic hermit, he must keep watch alone and in the darkness in order to save his own life.

So, let's see who thinks like me:
A greedy barbarian is lost in a waterless library.
Mmmm, perhaps a red headed viking. He just got finished pillaging a town, when he comes across an oddly shaped building. The room is filled with dozens of books! What is he to do!?!

His childhood friend is kidnapped by a mysterious vampire.
Bobby the Blue, a childhood friend of our friendly red-headed viking, stumbles in during a drunken stupor.
"HOW DARE THEE?" A mysterious voice says. The two instinctively lifted their axes.
Wait, it's a f-cking vampire. How the heck did a vampire.... Hrmm...
The two instinctively searched their bags for garlic cloves! >.> <.<
"I'm out!" Bobby the Blue yelled to Ronald the Red. Ronald prepared for days like this -- you know, in a terrible blood soaked library with VAMPIRES! He tossed his extra bulb of garlic to his dear friend, but it didn't get to him fast enough! Bobby the Blue vanished with this fanged villan.

With the help of an athletic hermit, he must keep watch alone and in the darkness in order to save his own life.
Ronald the Red looked for months for his dear friend. Hope seemed to be lost! That is, until he came across a house built for hobbits.
"I am a wise old hermit." The hermit of hermits said. What luck! Ronald thought to himself. "I am often bored, and I'm currently looking for adventure. Pray, tell me, you will take me?"
"Of course!" Ronald exclaimed. Immediately the old, balding hermit sprinted off within a blink of an eye. "Off to save him!"

Once the duo reached the dark cave, something terrible happened to the incredibly athletic hermit, so only Ronald could save his friend!

I agree -- hilarious and terrible ^_^

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A cultured warrior princess is imprisoned in a miasmic field. Her pony is bitten by a cursed sea creature. With the help of a bitter minstrel, she must risk life and limb in battle in order to save her country.

:ROFL: I could so work with this. Except what does the pony have to do with saving the country??

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
A hungry mage queen is hiding out in a claustrophobic monastery. Her aunt is drained of blood by a raging lizardman. With the help of a wealthy horse, she must give up the thing that is loved the most in order to save her freedom.

A wealthy horse? Wealthy? What does it do, sell its favours?
crazy1no.gif

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
here are some viable ones I got.

A naive soldier is working as a spy in an arid town. His son is mutilated by a foul savage. With the help of an underfed hunter, he must break all previous vows in order to save his family.

A smart sheperdess is telling bad jokes in a hard monastery. Her son is spirited away by an invincible priest. With the help of a foolish minstrel, she must give up the thing that is loved the most in order to save her children.

There were a few others but they weren't at good. It seems like the ones for the female MC's are less... stupid.

PCroc

Registered
Reaction score
An undead outcast is hunting in a deserted mountain. His uncle is haunted by a monstrous woman. With the help of a handsome fool, he must raise an army in order to save his land from withering.

Yeah, there aren't nearly enough books with undead protagonists.

A smart monk is telling bad jokes in a cursed cathedral. His daughter is killed by a otherworldly witch. With the help of an uncultured slave, he must become a vampire in order to save his fortune.
You know, I might actually use that one.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
What is it with this thing? It's constantly with the 'undeads' and 'fields'?

Dicentra P

Help!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I like They Fight Crime as well. I used some of the generations off of there to develop my WIP characters.

Here's my next urban fantasy:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]He's an otherworldly white trash cyborg possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a cynical communist museum curator with an evil twin sister. They fight crime![/SIZE][/FONT]

I can do this!

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Who needs inspiration with such tools on hand? Hello internet, you are my muse.

No doubt!

Try writing a story or two using the FIRST plot you generate. Don't try to cherry pick. Force yourself to get a scene down and see what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.