Ingenious methods for transporting coins

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Heya all,

My wallet cannot hold coins without looking like it's pregnant so I'm wondering how you all take your change with you? I'm considering using a jeans pocket but there's probably some other blindingly obvious way that I'm not seeing.

Quick access is preferable.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
The butt?

ETA: You want to put them up there in this order:
quarters
nickels
pennies
and dimes

Then, like a vending machine, you can choose which coins come out based on how much you relax. It just really sucks when you ONLY need 25 cents because you have to put all the coins back up there.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most women I know just dump change in the bottom of their purse/bag if they don't have a change purse.

I don't carry a purse, so I dump it in the pocket with the wallet. At some point, I put it in the change tray in my car and will grab a handful if I think I'll need it before getting out of the car.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Most women I know just dump change in the bottom of their purse/bag if they don't have a change purse.

I don't carry a purse, so I dump it in the pocket with the wallet. At some point, I put it in the change tray in my car and will grab a handful if I think I'll need it before getting out of the car.

A woman? With Coins?

I call shenanigans. Every woman I know has her husband's credit card!

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still not used to these coins after 3 months in this country. Coins in the country I come from have practically no value at all.

I'm not a big fan of coins but cashiers often find it helpful when you have some so I'd like to carry some around. Jeans pockets it is, for now.

Lucid, lovely idea but I did say 'easy access preferable.' :D

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Here we've got $2, $1, 25 c, 10c and 5c . The 5c's are, for some fascinating reason, much bigger than the 10 c .

I was initially very confused by the lack of 50c.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still not used to these coins after 3 months in this country. Coins in the country I come from have practically no value at all.

I'm not a big fan of coins but cashiers often find it helpful when you have some so I'd like to carry some around. Jeans pockets it is, for now.

Take a laxative. I promise it'll be easy access!

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I hate carrying coins. I rarely use cash, but when I do get some coins I take them home and put them in a big jar. Then once a year I go to the bank and exchange them for some paper money.

It's like getting free money.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I never carry more than a bare minimum of coins in the change section of my purse. The rest goes in a huge Cracker Jacks tin I acquired God knows where. When it fills up, I take it to one of those Coinstar machines at the supermarket. I usually end up with about $500 out of it.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Your other option is to send all your coins to me. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I don't ever carry coins because it bothers me when they rattle around in my pocket. It's handy when my wife is present, though, as she handles all of the loose change. That must be why her purse is so heavy. She also carries around my glasses and wallet and cell phone and business cards and other various paraphernalia. If it weren't for her, I'd need a man-purse when venturing outdoors.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of the women who dumps coins into the bottom of her pocketbook.

Sometimes I store loose change in the compartments in my car.

My husband doesn't really carry any change on him; I hold onto most of the money.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Your other option is to send all your coins to me. :D

Sure! But in exchange for notes. :D

I don't like carrying coins but store guys are often in a fix without coins and whenever they ask "do you have a twentyfive?" I like to have one handy. It eases him and it's not that much work, carrying a few around.

I'm weird that way.

So , consensus: The jeans pocket it is.

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
I rarely pay with change here, but when we lived in Germany I would either stick a few Euros in my pocket, or some in the side pocket of my purse.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't has a husband.

Are we talking about that clinky shit in the bottom of my purse?!

I ignore that... it's the only savings account I have

:roll:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Heya all,

My wallet cannot hold coins without looking like it's pregnant so I'm wondering how you all take your change with you? I'm considering using a jeans pocket but there's probably some other blindingly obvious way that I'm not seeing.

Quick access is preferable.

years ago someone gave me a kangaroo scrotum. i think it is supposed to be used to carry change (or balls). i've never touched it so you can have it if you want?

act now,..

barly used.
like new.
perfect for everyone.
one time offer.

pm me.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never carry more than a bare minimum of coins in the change section of my purse. The rest goes in a huge Cracker Jacks tin I acquired God knows where. When it fills up, I take it to one of those Coinstar machines at the supermarket. I usually end up with about $500 out of it.
Same here. I have a glass on my dresser that I use to collect my change. About once a month or so, I take the change down to the credit union and get $75 - $100 (P.S. - find out if your bank has coin counting services. You'll gain the 8% - 10% kept as a "convenience" fee by Coinstar).