Resting from writing... Never again!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeman801

Registered
Reaction score
I finished my first draft of my third novel last Monday. For celebration I decided to take about two days of down time to rest my mind and get my fourth novel brewing and bubbling in my head.

Well two days turned into a week. A lot of it was laziness but other things happened I couldn't get out of.

During this time I felt horrible. I couldn't sleep, my brain was cluttered, and I felt depressed.

I never realized how important writing had become in my life especially if it makes me sick taking even a week off!

Has anyone else taken a break and felt withdrawals?

PS: During this break I watched a movie and realized I much prefer the own worlds I create. That was exciting! :)

Reaction score
Yep, me too. The most I can manage without going batshit is three days. The voices just won't shut up.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
I finished my first draft of my third novel last Monday. For celebration I decided to take about two days of down time to rest my mind and get my fourth novel brewing and bubbling in my head.

Well two days turned into a week. A lot of it was laziness but other things happened I couldn't get out of.

During this time I felt horrible. I couldn't sleep, my brain was cluttered, and I felt depressed.

I never realized how important writing had become in my life especially if it makes me sick taking even a week off!

Has anyone else taken a break and felt withdrawals?

PS: During this break I watched a movie and realized I much prefer the own worlds I create. That was exciting! :)

Wow. I wish I could get symptoms like that too!

Unfortunately, I'm able to go months without writing. I was forced to do so earlier this year when I simply had no time at all. I'm managing things better now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.