Good grief-glad I'm passing on this gig

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
This potential client isn't willing to pay more than a buck per product description, tells me she only pays $8 per article, and just told me her entire site is plagiarized.

Then goes on to tell me that quality content isn't what matters, only quantity-in Google's eyes.

Because, you know, I don't write for a living or anything like that.
:roll:

Deleted member 42

Heh.

Boy is she gonna be sorry.

Google does notice the same copy on multiple sites--it's one of the things they tell you to flag when you're a human verifier.

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know! The thing that put me teetering on the fence between complete speechlessness and howling laughter was this- I swear I am not making this up-

"people that go to college and get a Horticulture degree, like me, don't want to read about trees."

That makes it o.k. to steal content, just for future reference.
:evil

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Note to self: degree . . . no trees . . .ok . . .to . . . steal . . . content. Ok. Got it down.

Is she for real?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This is one time where I completely understand that 'head on desk' smilie thingy. WOW!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
This potential client isn't willing to pay more than a buck per product description, tells me she only pays $8 per article, and just told me her entire site is plagiarized.

Then goes on to tell me that quality content isn't what matters, only quantity-in Google's eyes.

Because, you know, I don't write for a living or anything like that.
:roll:

If she wrote that in an email, forward it to whoever hosts her site. Admitted Plagiarism should be enough to have the whole thing shut down.

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If she wrote that in an email, forward it to whoever hosts her site. Admitted Plagiarism should be enough to have the whole thing shut down.

I did run a plagiarism checker. What she did was patch together articles from content grabbed here and there. From universities and other places. I'm going to check into this and find all the places she lifted from, then get in contact with them, so they can go to her ISP.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I would totally do this.

PsyberMind

Registered
Reaction score
quality content isn't what matters, only quantity-in Google's eyes.

A half-truth.

Google looks for quantity as far as key word placement is concerned, yes.. but also looks at content as well. If it finds too many sources with identical content, their PR will drop drastically. This prevents Bloggers from opening humpteen million blogs with the same content, linking back to their main blog and monopolizing the PRs

Maybe I should sell the editor my E-Book ;)