Humiliation By Child

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
I have hit a low point.

I now have proof that I'm a terrible mother.

Last night, during a particulalry PMS-laden moment, some paper towels rolled off the table and spread themselves out across the entire kitchen floor.

I yelled 'Ah, F@#K!' in an unnecessarily loud voice.

I then heard my three-year-old from lounge say to daddy 'Oh! My mum's calling me! Do you need help, mummy?'

Apparently I say this far too often.

Now I know we've had threads like this before, but anyone else been humiliated because of their children (even if it's really your own fault)?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
When my oldest daughter was two, I dressed her up and took her to the mall to get her picture taken with the Easter bunny. She looked angelic--she had an adorable little dress and a hat on and her little white shoes with frilly socks. yep. An absolute angel.

So a little old lady came up to us, looked down at my daughter and said in a very sweet voice, "Well, aren't you the pretty thing?"

My daughter looked up at her and said, "Excuse me--did I ask for your opinion?"

I waited for the ground to open up and swallow me whole, but it didn't. I thought I'd reached the apex of parental humiliation--at the time, that was one of my catchphrases so I KNOW where she heard it. But I was wrong. There was a greater humiliation waiting for me.

Two weeks later, on Easter Sunday, the gentleman sitting next to my daughter in church thought it would be funny to hand the little girl the collection plate.

My daughter (no fool she!) promptly took off with it, headed for the door and the dubious safety of the car so she could count her profit in comfort.

So no--you're not alone. :)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
The story that comes to mind is one of my mother-in-laws.

My husband grew up on a ranch in West Texas and mesquite thorns in tires are a constant pain in the arse when one drives around the ranch checking water, livestock, etc... One such excursion around the ranch with his father, when my husband was around 3, took them most of the day -- much longer than usual. When thy finally got home, my husband went in the house for a drink and my mother-in-law asked where they'd been, what they'd been doing. To which my husband, towheaded angelic-looking child that he was, looked up at his mother and said, completely cool and nonchalant-like, "Eh, G--dammit and sonab--chin."

It turns out more flats than spare tires whilst still a quite a way from home.

{{hugs for you OT}} It'll be ok.

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
The only one that comes to mind is one that wasn't even true! lol

My mom gets my kids every Sunday for Sunday school. She used to be their teacher (like a year ago or so), and one day my mom calls me up, laughing, after church.

She told me that she takes prayer requests every sunday from the kids, and they usually just request things like "Pray for mommy" or something simple.

Well, apparently on this morning, my daughter (who was like barely 2 years old) requested prayer for me, and said "Please pray that my daddy will quit drinking."

:roll:

The only reason I can laugh is because I might drink alcohol once every couple of months, and I hardly ever keep beer in my fridge or alcohol in my house. And I've never drank a beer or anything in front of my kids.

I was scratching my head at that one, but I also thought "Dear God, people are going to go around thinking I'm some sort of drunk."

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
When I say "Fuck!!" every animal in the house scatters for furniture regardless of if they did something wrong. lol

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I have hit a low point.

I now have proof that I'm a terrible mother.

Last night, during a particulalry PMS-laden moment, some paper towels rolled off the table and spread themselves out across the entire kitchen floor.

I yelled 'Ah, F@#K!' in an unnecessarily loud voice.

I then heard my three-year-old from lounge say to daddy 'Oh! My mum's calling me! Do you need help, mummy?'

Apparently I say this far too often.

Now I know we've had threads like this before, but anyone else been humiliated because of their children (even if it's really your own fault)?

Not really humiliated, but it reminded me of something...

Yesterday I was cooking and burned myself and of course gasped and quietly murmured the F word...

Later on I showed my son my burn mark and said to him, "this is why you don't play in the kitchen..." and he told me "Yea, I heard you earlier." lol

He's seven.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
It took me two memoirs to write all the embarrassing things I've done to my parents. I wish I could say I was done.

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
When I say "Fuck!!" every animal in the house scatters for furniture regardless of if they did something wrong. lol

That would be me. My husband says I'm the only person he knows who can turn that word into a noun, verb, adjective, adverb and preposition, all in one sentence. LOL Pays to be a writer!!!

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Back when Rescue 911 was on TV, the person on screen was having a choking emergency. My son who was three at the time looked at the screen, looked at me and said, "Dog hair, Mom." A totally appropriate assumption on his part given my disdain for vacuuming (and other unnecessary forms of housecleaning).

This same son about this time taught me it was time to clean up my gutter mouth when he asked me if it was, "time to feed the f**king dogs".

Now in my defense, we had a lot of dogs...

EM

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
My husband took my then two year old daughter for a little sled ride across the street. He thought it would be neat to let her sleigh (the kind with little skiis that you pull behind you) slide down a gentle snow-laden slope.

The sleigh wasn't designed for going down a hill by itself, so it tipped over at the bottom, spilling my daughter into a pile of soft snow.

My husband dashed down the hill, scooped her up and asked, "Are you okay?"

She squinted and puffed snow out of her mouth and said, "Ohhhhh, fuuuuuuck."

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Observing strangers ruining their children:

My mother-in-law works as a substitute teacher sometimes. Kids, especially troubled kids, really like her and she is great at reaching out to them and stuff. One little first grader in her classroom, trying to win her favor I suppose, came up to her and said, "Hey there, chocolate drop..." in a seductive voice. Then she had to give him a lecture on why he shouldn't call women 'chocolate drop' even though his dad does it, all the while trying not to laugh in the poor kid's face.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
That would be me. My husband says I'm the only person he knows who can turn that word into a noun, verb, adjective, adverb and preposition, all in one sentence. LOL Pays to be a writer!!!

Have you ever seen the "fuck" scene from the wire?

If not, I highly suggest you youtube it.

Its like an entire 3 minute long scene of Mcnulty and Bunk investigating a crime scene, populated ONLY by "fuck".

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our son, whose name is Seth, at one time told anyone who asked what his name was that is was "Seffie-dammit." We shouldn't have laughed, because he continued far longer than he might have, even though I made a much better effort at watching my language around them.

Maryn, giddy with relief that she can now talk normally again, since they've grown up

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
My sister-in-law and I have large busts. Out shopping one day with her five year old we see a bra advertised as a 'minimiser'. We find what we think would be our sizes and go into the fitting room. This was a curtained off cubicle on the main sales floor. Sis tries hers on first. Sis is just about to attempt to do said bra up at the back when the little one looks up and says in a very polite, but very loud, voice "they won't fit in there!" When we quitted the fitting room all eyes were fixed on our busts.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
Just recently my 2 yr old (who's still learning to speak in leaps and bounds) repeated a very zealous "F&ck Off" right after mommy.

I was cursing because I can't open a jar worth my life with my sore hands and I was frustrated and yelled out the rather explicit expletive only to turn around and hear him yell it back repeatedly.

He just kept running around all day randomly repeating the F&ck Off that day. To my detriment, hubby was not impressed in the least.

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
My sister-in-law and I have large busts. Out shopping one day with her five year old we see a bra advertised as a 'minimiser'. We find what we think would be our sizes and go into the fitting room. This was a curtained off cubicle on the main sales floor. Sis tries hers on first. Sis is just about to attempt to do said bra up at the back when the little one looks up and says in a very polite, but very loud, voice "they won't fit in there!" When we quitted the fitting room all eyes were fixed on our busts.

This reminded me of an unfortunate habit my 3 yr old had, which I have (hopefully) now broken him of. Luckily he's only done this in front of hubby, but son & I will be having a cuddle on the couch, and he'll suddenly say 'Squeeze your boob!' and do just that.

I have NO IDEA where he got that from. HONEST.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
A little off topic...

My son shared with me this morning his "little bit of a sad dream" he had last night.

His dad and I wouldn't let him in the car. We said no, you can't come.

So, how did I diffuse the situation? I told him, "see, I wouldn't say No, I'd say.....maybe."

Kids.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
You're such a terrible mother, overtired. /sarcasm :) :Hug2:

Let's recap: you, under stress, uttered an oath. Your child, hearing your stress/distress, ran to you to help you. Seems to me your child is being raised to be sensitive, helpful, and just sweet.

The only thing to me is your baby highlighted your concern for your language. Always a good thing. Give your little :Hug2: from me.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Although this does remind me of another sweet child. I was home visiting when my then-five-year-old niece had a flat tire on her little bike. I took it apart, fixed the flat, then we walked to the gas station to air it up. We aired up the tire, and I took her hand to leave.

As we walked across the blacktop to head back, she started screeching in that ear-piercing little-girl voice: "You didn't pay for it, you didn't pay for it!"

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was the child.

I was that child too. And now it's payback time. My kids humiliate me on a daily basis. I can't even pick a favorite to post.

Never fear Overtired, they WILL grow up...and do even worse things. ;)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend today, who was rather upset, and she swore, very slightly: and then apologised to my 14-year-old son, who was sitting close by.

"It's alright," he said, nonchalantly. "I hear far worse from her every day."

He spoke the truth, bless him.