Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRita

Act One '08
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritabetti.com
During my time with the Lord this morning, he have me a small word picture I'd like to share.

I struggle with writing and rewriting and sometime I work a piece to death. I go over it until I've nearly lost the original idea. Well, he showed me that when I do that, I'm like a mortician, trying to make the corpse look better and better instead of standing back and letting the Lord resurrect the piece. (There are times, however, we just need to bury the thing! LOL) Instead of going out and taking classes on being a better mortician, maybe we just need to learn to appropriate the power, the mind of Christ. Anyway, maybe this little personal epiphany won't speak to anyone else like it did to me but I just wanted to share it anyway. Blessings.

ldumont999

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.louisedumont.com
Burying It

DrRita said:
Anyway, maybe this little personal epiphany won't speak to anyone else like it did to me but I just wanted to share it anyway. Blessings.

I think that the piece I'm working on right now just needs to be burried. :ROFL: Thanks for sharing.

DrRita

Act One '08
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritabetti.com
ldumont999 said:
I think that the piece I'm working on right now just needs to be burried. :ROFL: Thanks for sharing.

I have a few in the "morgue" that could use a funeral too. :faint:

but I keep hoping they may be resurrected.

Angyl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angyl.net
DrRita I notice you're "in the desert of Arizona". Me too! At any rate, your post is true enough! I've got tonz of things that I keep trying to rewrite and revive and perhaps the Lord would have me keep them dead.

The opposite is definitely true too, though! Sometimes the Lord wants me to work on a piece and I simply don't out of fear of failure(?) or because I don't have the strength (inspiration) within myself to complete it.

DrRita

Act One '08
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritabetti.com
Angyl said:
DrRita I notice you're "in the desert of Arizona". Me too! At any rate, your post is true enough! I've got tonz of things that I keep trying to rewrite and revive and perhaps the Lord would have me keep them dead.

The opposite is definitely true too, though! Sometimes the Lord wants me to work on a piece and I simply don't out of fear of failure(?) or because I don't have the strength (inspiration) within myself to complete it.

Hi Angyl, I see you live in Phoenix. I live out near the Superstition Mountains. You are right about the Lord sometimes wanting us to step out in faith and not give up!! I guess it takes the Holy Spirit to help us discern which is which. Keep going.

Angyl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angyl.net
Superstition? That's the East side, right? Hah...I just moved out to Apache Junction in our first house last month. Practically Gold Canyon!

DrRita

Act One '08
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritabetti.com
Wow We're neighbors. Maybe we can meet! Right now I'm on a road trip but will be back around the middle of August. We have a wonderful writer's group that meets once a month, maybe you'd like to join us for our September meeting. Send me a pm if you would like more info. God bless.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
ldumont999 said:

Let us have a moment of silence as we put Louise's dead carcass of a writing project to rest. :faint:

Pssstt... I have a few to throw in with you.

Cheryll

Status
Not open for further replies.