Assassin's Creed 2!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed is back. And this time, it's bigger and better than ever! AND on PC!

Anyone else completely stoked about this?

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. Wouldn't say 'stoked' but the first one was a hoot. Stealth games are my particular favorite.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
The first one was a glorified tech demo.

The series has some serious promise, but they need to make the game a bit deeper than the last one.

aceok

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to play it. Looks like it will be more fun this time.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting on reviews. The first one looked amazing but squandered its technical promise on some pretty spartan game design that gave you an open world with little to do. If reviews agree they've fixed this, I'll bite on it. Otherwise I'm keeping my distance.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
We're just two days away, people!!!

Well...some are. If you're on PC you have to wait until freaking March.

Read that the pre-orders of this one have sailed passed those of the first. I hope it lives up to expectations, because it seems like the whole entire gaming community is expecting it to be seriously badass and awesomesauce x10005 now.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We pre-ordered it.

We played it from 8PM to 1AM yesterday.

It's frigging AWESOME. Better than the first one. The quality of the graphics is improved and totally gorgeous (of course, we have a PS3 and a 52" LCD flatscreen). Ezio starts out with the basics learned in the first game (scaling buildings, leaping, etc). The story is a little more comprehensive this time.

There's 14 segments and we got through the first 2 last night. The third one is the more intense assassin training.

I'm greatly looking forward to this. So far, it's been well beyond the expectations.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed I on the PC is just horrible, controls are wonky and you needs an ubercomputer to run it well.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
We pre-ordered it.

We played it from 8PM to 1AM yesterday.

It's frigging AWESOME. Better than the first one. The quality of the graphics is improved and totally gorgeous (of course, we have a PS3 and a 52" LCD flatscreen). Ezio starts out with the basics learned in the first game (scaling buildings, leaping, etc). The story is a little more comprehensive this time.

There's 14 segments and we got through the first 2 last night. The third one is the more intense assassin training.

I'm greatly looking forward to this. So far, it's been well beyond the expectations.

Good to hear! I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately I'm on a PC so I'm going to have to wait until March to get it, but that is probably for the best since I really don't have time to play it/money to buy it right now.

MGraybosch

Lunch Break Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewgraybosch.com
I hope they worked on the swordfighting; that was my favorite part of the first game -- pissing off hundreds of guards and then using blocks, dodges, and counters to kill 'em all one at a time. Of course, chucking them off rooftops to scare the crowds below was also fun. :evil

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope they worked on the swordfighting; that was my favorite part of the first game -- pissing off hundreds of guards and then using blocks, dodges, and counters to kill 'em all one at a time. Of course, chucking them off rooftops to scare the crowds below was also fun. :evil

They did. You get all of Altair's moves plus more.

And, even better, each of your foes has an individual hit-point marker floating over their head, so you can tell just how close they are to falling over for the last time.

And, even better, the less hit points they have, the worse they fight.

The AI on this game is amazing.

MGraybosch

Lunch Break Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewgraybosch.com
They did. You get all of Altair's moves plus more.

Sweet.

And, even better, each of your foes has an individual hit-point marker floating over their head, so you can tell just how close they are to falling over for the last time.

Can I turn that off if I find that it breaks immersion?

And, even better, the less hit points they have, the worse they fight.

Do wounded enemies actually slow down, limp, and/or favor wounded limbs? That would be awesome.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I turn that off if I find that it breaks immersion?

Don't know. We don't find it bothersome. They're fairly small and look like little arrows the change from red to black.

Oh, and they have guards who can scale buildings and chase you over rooftops too. It's more challenging to get away now, which is exciting.

Do wounded enemies actually slow down, limp, and/or favor wounded limbs? That would be awesome.

Attacks become erratic, as does their movements. I've noticed that the badly wounded ones stumble into walls and other stuff and occasionally attack said obstacles.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I'm still going to throw 'em off the rooftops and scare the living hee-ho out of the civilians below. :evil

It's great fun, yes--but do be warned that it alerts guards below, who are just as likely to come up after you. ;)

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Beat it last night. Great game! Love the story and its heavy layering. Lots of hours of game play included in this one. The "extra" ending was pretty cool and the full video from finding all the glyphs was cool yet creepy (pretty cool take on Biblical mythos, a la Ron Moore's BSG).

I'm really looking forward to the third installment (almost as much as Uncharted 3) as the stakes and game play will likely be even more massive and impressive.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Still playing it.
Much better than Assassin's Creed I, of course, that's not hard for me to say since I only played that on the PC. The controls there are just beyond terrible, and your PC needed to be a monster rig back when it first came out...

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game, now, and am loving it. Best new assassination technique: hanging onto a ledge, side of a ship, etc. and killing anyone standing on the platform above you. I love decimating the crews of ships until only my target is left, though there is a silly exploit when everyone on a ship sees you, but if you climb down the side far enough and they lose sight of you, you go right back to anonymous. Then you just climb a step back up and kill them.

I also found that although they made it so Ezio can swim - no one else can. Water is insta-death for guards, allies, and NPCs alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.