Graffiti/vandalism that made you laugh

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
What acts of graffiti and vandalism that you have seen that made you laugh. Yeah I know, and I'm the first to complain about how such things can make a otherwise decent neighborhood look like crap in a hurry, but we've all seen things that have struck us funny in some juvenile way.

This topic came to mind earlier when I was in a McDonald's bathroom and was using the hand dryer. It had printed instructions on it listed in 3 steps, turn on machine, put hands under, etc. Somebody had scratched "4 - wipe hands on pants" underneath it.

Other examples I've seen personally or in photos:

A "Mass inspection stickers" sign outside a garage for MA car inspections which, of course, had the 'M' removed to read "Ass inspection stickers"

A large billboard which simply read "Be Polite" and had spraypainted in bold letters underneath "GO F*CK YOURSELF!"

Written in the dust on the back of a delivery truck: "I can't drive!" and "Don't feed the driver"

A junior high school sign which had been modified to read "We anal ram the kids"

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I've seen a few hilarious ones, but the one that instantly comes to mind is a 6 foot penis spraypainted on a sidewalk here in Okinawa. I have a picture of it somewhere, not sure if I should post it though.

When I think of some of the good QUOTES I've seen, I'll post them. ;)

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen a few hilarious ones, but the one that instantly comes to mind is a 6 foot penis spraypainted on a sidewalk here in Okinawa. I have a picture of it somewhere, not sure if I should post it though.

When I think of some of the good QUOTES I've seen, I'll post them. ;)

That reminds me of a news story I heard on the radio once about some unknown perpetrators whom had built a huge snow sculpture of a penis right in the middle of the town square, and naturally the town wanted it gone as soon as it was discovered. But since it had rained a little the night before it had turned to almost solid ice and couldn't be knocked over with just shovels, so everybody was stuck looking at it all day until workers came in with a bulldozer to finally knock it down. The teens behind that little prank must have cracked a few ribs laughing all day!

Oh and here's one of the signs I was talking about:

be_polite_sign.jpg

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever seen where people correct graffiti grammar on restroom doors/walls? That always makes me laugh :)

It's not exactly graffiti, but we had a Java bar at work that was self-serve. One type of coffee started being out all the time, with the caraffe still there. One day I saw that someone had put a big note on it saying, "Where's the LOVE :( ?"

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Read on a bathroom stall of an interstate gas station in Virginia when I was 11:

People who write on bathroom walls
Roll their shit in little balls
People who read these words of wit
Eat these little balls of shit

I will NEVER forget that little ditty.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
It was only mildly amusing but some miscreants tried to spray paint a swastika on some playground equipment but started too close to the edge. One of the arms was a third the size of the others and another arm was truncated by a safety rail attachment. It was cleaned off a couple days later.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At the University of Texas in a little-used ladies room in a math building, in tiny writing well forward in the bathroom stall, low and near the hinge: You are now pissing at a 45-degree angle.

I live near the Erie Canal. Many of the locks have parking and a few picnic tables, a little playground, etc. Each is labeled Canal Park and the lock number. Vandals, of course, paint over the C constantly.

Maryn, easily amused

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Near the very large Mormon Cathedral, (a towering spire ediffice complete with multiple turrets that almost seems to appear out of nowhere when you make the turn north), on the bridge that overlooks eight lanes of constant traffic on the DC beltway, some wag spray painted on the overhead, SURRENDER DORTHY.

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
A little factoid: The video game Pacman was originally named "Puckman", but was quickly changed after release when it became obvious how determined kids were to make the P look like an F.

Also there was a small pedestrian tunnel which went underneath train tracks in my home town which had "F*CK PIGS" spray painted in huge, angry looking letters across the cieling's abutment. That always used to crack me up, don't know why other than I have too much Beavis and Butthead in me.

Last edited:

V-Man

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesvachowski.com
My favorite vandalism was so funny I had to write a book about it. From page 1 of "Outspoken":

The day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. Commonly referred to as “Black Friday”, it marks the traditional start of the Christmas shopping period, when stores begin turning a yearly profit. Retail-crazed shoppers rise before the sun, seeking early store openings and huge discount sales. November 28, 2008 was no exception. In the midst of a global economic downturn, a bargain-hunting frenzy gripped the country.

At a Wal-Mart in Valley Stream, New York, a temporary worker was trampled to death by a horde of customers just minutes before the scheduled opening time of 5:00 AM. Four others were injured, including a woman who was eight months pregnant. Even after announcements were made that an employee had been killed, shoppers kept snatching up sale items. Police were called in to clear the store, which re-opened without incident several hours later.

At a crowded Toys ‘R Us store in Palm Desert, California, two men pulled handguns and ran down the aisles shooting at each other, the result of an altercation between their female acquaintances. Both men died, but Toys ‘R Us was open for business the next day.

But in Charleston, South Carolina, businesses in the trendy King Street shopping district were unusually quiet. Shoppers and store employees alike loitered impatiently on the sidewalks, while every locksmith in the city was called into action. It seems that during the early morning hours, while most of the city slept off turkey-infused hangovers, highly organized vandals spent several hours methodically working their way down King Street, filling the door locks of over seventy upscale shops with superglue.

The culprits remain at large.

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
At a Wal-Mart in Valley Stream, New York, a temporary worker was trampled to death by a horde of customers just minutes before the scheduled opening time of 5:00 AM. Four others were injured, including a woman who was eight months pregnant. Even after announcements were made that an employee had been killed, shoppers kept snatching up sale items. Police were called in to clear the store, which re-opened without incident several hours later.

I remember that whole incident, made me sick. Did they ever arrest anyone?

I swear to God this wasn't me; I just took the photo:
Dirtyvan.jpg

Whoops dead link, fix it I want to see your pic! :D

Reaction score
Photo shows here...maybe if you refreshed? Can anyone else see the photo I posted?

V-Man

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesvachowski.com
This one really made me pee my pants, though. It was on a blast wall at FOB Taji.

Do you remember where you were on September 9, 2001?

3969440284_3389d26038_b.jpg

Last edited:

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
I rented an apartment from this jerk named Larry Ness. We hated him. He never fixed anything and tried to cheat us out of our deposit. The warning sign was there all along. On the window sill of the living room, a former tenant (not a native English speaker, I'm guessing) had carved the words "Larry Ness is asshole." Yup.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
This isn't quite the same, but I've seen a pedestrian crossing sign where someone put oval-shaped stickers up around the pedestrian symbol to imply that particular pedestrian was instead playing with a hula hoop... I thought it was rather cool and funny. I'll have to take a pic next time I'm up that way.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for writing on bathroom stalls.

My favorite:

Here I sit in stinking vapor,
looking for some toilet paper.
When I can no longer linger,
Look out ass, here comes my finger!