While the boards were down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
What did you do while the boards were down? Finish your 120,000 word manuscript? Pump out 20 articles? Spend time with loved ones? Read the paper?

I want to know!

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I've been cleaning my house and doing homemaking chores whilst suffering from AW withdrawals. And reading.

My husbands words: "That's one way to get things done." (That was in reference to the boards being down, and not distracting me.)

LOL!

Oh, and I've written a bit here and there. :)

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Answered 3,391 e-mails from people who wanted to know why they were banned. ;)

Jenna -- I thought about e-mailing you a few times, just to check on you, but figured you were probably inundated with panic e-mails like those you mentioned above. :Hug2:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, can we change your user title to Sainted Email Reader? Or Maybe St. Email? :) Thanks for your hard work to get things back up and running.

samgail

poll dancer
Registered
Reaction score
Forbidden ***ack***
Sorry about the e-mail Jenna, that word scared me. I tried not to but I gave in and did it anyway.
I usually come to this forum as a treat for assignments turned in, or as a way to unwind from the JOB or to get into my write my book mode. But today when it was unavailable I paced and refreshed and checked my e-mail a lot, I think you guys are growing on me! (Who am I kidding, I am sooooo hooked.)
Sam

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While AW was sleeping (sounds like a movie title), I worked on my very own web site! Also did some housework and wrote some poetry. And read a book. Hmm. I see a pattern here.

SeanDSchaffer

I was busy moderating another forum I belong to....and wondering why in the world I was banned from this one.

I never sent an email, because I thought to go to AW's main page and there found out what was going on. That I did so was good, because I was able to calm the fears of a number of people over at the forum I moderate, by telling them what was happening here.

I'll be sure to let them know that the boards are back up, although they all probably already know.

3,391 emails? Ugh! (Shivers)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:kiss:

It's OK! Honestly, it's nice to see how many people really love these forums. My partner was amazed that within ONE minute of the forums going back online, there were already 48 people on... within about 2 minutes, there were 170. That's a lot of people who were refreshing and refreshing for these past 24 hours!

I'm in the midst of deleting all threads that haven't had a post in more than a year. Surprisingly, that's not a lot of posts. Will have to come up with other ways to shrink the board...

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
P.S. I was slightly exaggerating about the number of e-mails. Slightly! ;) Amy handled a whole lot of them, too, bless her soul.

SeanDSchaffer

Jenna,

Just a thought, but what would be the feasibility of separating the one huge board into two smaller boards?

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
I admit timidly, head hanging, blushing and glancing sideways shyly that I didn't have the faintest idea how hooked am I on this piece of human e-interaction and e-relationship!! Now I know!!

Be informed that I contacted the Tech Staff as they recommended on the 405 error msg as to the whatabouts of the forums. One, Amy, told me very shortly (s0 nice of her to do that) that the forums will be up and running in the morning. That was yesterday, okay? And they were up and running, well, you know when. Guess they had a heck of a problem, didn't they? What ever was it?

Glad to be back reading your slush, he-he... Now, 'ts'yo'turn to read mine, ha-haha!

Dan

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna and Amy,

My neighbors want me to say: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My screams were keeping them up at night...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I wish I could say I was extremely productive working on my book...

I'm going to go now, to spank myself...

luv2writestuff

Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Answered 3,391 e-mails from people who wanted to know why they were banned. ;)

Jenna,

Not just banned ... we were "FORBIDDEN" ...

:flag:Hi ... my name is Debbie and I belong to AW! LOL I didn't realize I was ADDICTED to AW! Thanks for such a great site Jenna ... it is very inspiring! I appreciate all your hard work (and all the others who help you too) ... T H A N K S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings,
Debbie

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Well, I'm glad I didn't panic and email Jenna but I admit I most certainly freaked out when I saw I was forbidden to enter the forums. Yes, my first thought was that I had been banned and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I had done. I refuse to own up to how many times I kept checking to see if the forum was up again. It was the second time I checked to see if I could get back on the boards that it dawned on me to go to the home page to see if it was possible that the forum was down. Even after I read it was down the fact that the message said I was forbidden to enter I was still paranoid that I was possibly banned but decided I would wait until I was sure it was up before contacting anyone to see WHY I had been banned without notice.

I guess I didn't realize just how much time I fool around on here because I felt lost while they were down (laughing)

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
I didn't send an e-mail, but wouldn't you know, just when I found time to spend on the boards they were down. :Hammer: Thank you Lori (Birol) for keeping me informed with updates. And thanks to Jenna and the whole crew for doing such a fine job of getting AW back up and running as quickly as you did. :Clap: :Clap:
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Edit: Oh yes, I weeded the garden, cooked fresh veggies from the garden, made a salad with fresh veggies from the garden...AND finally finished the book I was reading!!! :D

Last edited:

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
I haven’t been able to access this forum until a few minutes ago. I’ve been trying for two days. I’ve tried many times today. I don’t know what happened, what did happen?

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
I panicked......then I sent an email.....I panicked some more....then I sent another one. BUT, it did allow me the time on my computer to actually finish the editing of my manuscript, so I guess it was a good thing...(easy for me to say now that they are back up!)

Sorry about the emails Jenna and Amy.

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Ray and Broken, you guys crack me up.

Today, I cleaned and scrubbed, did lots of laundry, baked cookies, went golfing, and played piano. Toss is some play time with the kids and a nice home cooked supper, I think my house and my family liked having me away from the computer!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I knew there was a technical problem, because the board flickered just before it went down. Pages sometimes loaded and sometimes didn't. So when I got the "Forbidden" message, I didn't think I'd been banned. I just thought it was rude. vBulletin was the one causing trouble, and it had the gall to speak to me as to a naughty child.

I spent some time in more of my endless correspondence on our local tax issue. Got a new set of numbers to work with from the city revenue manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.