• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader sought for YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPN

Okay, take the gloves off
Registered
Reaction score
I would greatly appreciate a consistent beta reader (or two?) to help me out before my first intimidating round of querying. Of course, I will likely need improvements from the word-level all the way on up, but my biggest concern at the moment is plot. As in, is there any? I'm beginning to question whether there is enough going on, as I compare the story in my head to favorite YA and children's books that are just bursting with excitement and intrigue. I feel my story is just a walk in the park in comparison -- or, well, probably not a park, but a walk in a silent, gloomy forest, perhaps.

Anyhow, if anyone would be willing to read it (around 50,000 words) and give comments it would be a huge help to me. Criticism is absolutely welcome and needed, though it's a lot less crushing if tempered with an occasional mention when you do actually like something. But I'll take whatever I can get.

The first chapter was recently posted in the SYW forum and you can see it here for some idea of the writing (scroll down a bit for the improved version):

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154559

Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.