PDA

View Full Version : Rubik's Cubes

happa95
09-29-2009, 12:28 AM
How many of you have solved this delectable 80s toy? After a few months of practicing it, I'm actually ranked fairly high in the world. I average around 20 seconds for solving it regularly and about 1:30 for solving it blindfolded. How could someone possibly do such a thing? Before solving, I am handed a scrambled cube. I then memorize it for as long as I need (the memorization is counted in the total time) and then solve it. Just thought I'd share. :hi:

Dawnstorm
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I never once managed to solve it. I took it apart and reassembled it. I even removed the stickers on one, re-sticking them correctly, but the result was... ugly.

I'm utterly rubik-cubically untalented.

Art_Sempai
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
I've solved the Rubik pyramid and Rubik magic.
That cube is a tough one.

cethklein
09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
I hate them, to the point where they could potentially bring me to violence. I've solved five of six sides, but never the complete cube.

Dawnstorm
09-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I've solved five of six sides, but never the complete cube.

:Wha:

I think that's even more impressive than solving it.

NewKidOldKid
09-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I hate them, to the point where they could potentially bring me to violence. I've solved five of six sides, but never the complete cube.

Is that even possible? :Shrug:
Where would you get the extra color square so the last side is not done? :)

cray
09-30-2009, 04:57 PM

no.

robeiae
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM
no.
Looser.

Art_Sempai
10-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, I heard a guy cried when he finally solved one after decades of trying.

Where would you get the extra color square so the last side is not done? :)

JoNightshade
10-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I know a guy who can do those huge ones, like ten cubes high and wide (or however many) in a couple of minutes. There's some method he uses so he doesn't even have to think about it. He's the younger brother of one of my husband's high school friends and he does it to "impress the girls" whenever we're all over. Like it's so sexy. ;)