• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
How do I do a poll? Got it :)

This is the Enneagram test, and many have never taken it. It's pretty good! It's very quick in this free version, although the validity goes down compared to the full test.

I'm a 5 - The Investigator. How about you? There are 9 types.

Oh, it has tons of info on what these mean. I'll just list who else is a 5:

Examples: Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Georgia O'Keefe, Stanley Kubrick, John Lennon, Lily Tomlin, Gary Larson, Laurie Anderson, Merce Cunningham, Meredith Monk, James Joyce, Björk, Susan Sontag, Emily Dickinson, Agatha Christie, Ursula K. LeGuin, Jane Goodall, Glenn Gould, John Cage, Bobby Fischer, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Trent Reznor, Friedrich Nietzsche, Vincent Van Gogh, Kurt Cobain, Jodie Foster, and "Fox Mulder" (X Files).

Try it :)

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp?discover

[scroll down to the questions]

Last edited:

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
I'm a 4.

Examples: Ingmar Bergman, Alan Watts, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morrisette, Paul Simon, Jeremy Irons, Patrick Stewart, Joseph Fiennes, Martha Graham, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Johnny Depp, Anne Rice, Rudolph Nureyev, J.D. Salinger, Anaîs Nin, Marcel Proust, Maria Callas, Tennessee Williams, Edgar Allan Poe, Annie Lennox, Prince, Michael Jackson, Virginia Woolf, Judy Garland, "Blanche DuBois" (Streetcar Named Desire), Thomas Merton.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm type two.

I'm diabetes. Is Wilford Brimley going to visit me in my dreams?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I love that I'm in the same category as Fox Mulder. :D

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
So, have all the celebrities also taken the test?
Now that I've taken the test, are strange people going to knock on my door and invite me to join their cult?

I must say, I think people are just a bit more complex than only nine personality types.

Bottom line? Boo Hiss.

Thanks for the entertainment, though.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not to be a wet blanket, but I can't complete the questionnaire with any accuracy. The questions give only two options, and usually each option partially applies - for example, question 3. The questions force you into one of the types they've already decided you must be.

To quote the Bard*:

Predetermined Destiny is who I am
I'm a dusted old bummy hurdy-gurdy man

------
*: King Adrock

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm type 7, the Enthusiast.

Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over- extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Not to be a wet blanket, but I can't complete the questionnaire with any accuracy. The questions give only two options, and usually each option partially applies - for example, question 3. The questions force you into one of the types they've already decided you must be.

I was 50/50 on many of them, also, and wanted to scream: BOTH. Which is a whole lot of effort before my coffee.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
A 7 and a 9.....does that mean that two are better than one? Split personality? Is a couch needed after taking this?

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
Individualist (8 points)

Loyalist (6 points)

Achiever, Investigator, Peacemaker (4 points)

Reformer, Helper (3 points)

Enthusiast, Challenger (2 points)

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all over the place but mainly a 6 and a 9.
Never realised I was so complex!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Type Four
The Individualist
The introspective, romantic type. Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I think all personality tests are too limited, really. But it's fun, and there's something there for the majority anyway.

Notice the types on either side of yours and those scores. The highest score of those is your 'Wing'. So that's one way to get more individuality out of it.

I was skeptical, but my Wing has me as The Iconoclast... and well, that's just kind of cool so I'm keeping it :D

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I was skeptical, but my Wing has me as The Iconoclast... and well, that's just kind of cool so I'm keeping it :D

I have two wings: The Entertainer and The Realist.

All in all I'd say it's got me pegged pretty well.

Thanks for sharing--that was fun. :D

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Mine didn't give me a specific one, but gave me points on each. Type 3 and Type 5 were tied for No. 1, with the highest points.

Type 3: The Achiever
The adaptable, success-oriented type. Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness.

At their Best:: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

Type 5: The Investigator
The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation.

At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

One point behind were Type 7 and Type 8, tied for second.

Type 7: The Enthusiast
The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness.

At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

Type 8: The Challenger
The powerful, aggressive type. Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable.

At their Best: self-mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

Why do I take these tests to tell me things I already know?!?!! :D

Last edited:

ThePaperGypsy

Won't be on much till December. :(
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm:
Type 4 -- The Achiever
I don't think I'm what I've highlighted red. >.<
Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

• Basic Fear: Of being worthless
  • Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
  • Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
  • Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"
Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.

I liked this quiz, and got similar results (The Champion) on http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp. :) I seem to have the same personality of Charles Dickens and Mark Twain. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, I guess I'm a rickroller. But you can't be me too :tongue

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was a tie between Type 2 (the Helper) and Type 4 (the Individualist)

Interesting.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I scored 5 points each on The Achiever, The Challenger and The Peacemaker

All others, I scored 4 points.

Except The Helper, only one point on that.

The Peacemaker seems to be the best fit.

writeronfire

Like my boots?
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I don't need a personality test.

I'm just a crazy woman. That is all.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I HATE confrontation. Nothing makes me more uncomfortable, so I'm a #9. If I can get people to stop arguing for my own comfort, I'll do it. It's geed for them, too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.