3rd Person Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer

Hi, I'm new and was just reading some of the things writers around here have been writing and became frightened when I read many of them. None of them seemed to be my style of writing, which is 3rd person fiction, writing short stories in an easy-read form. Much like some of my favorite novelists. I was just thinking should I be worried about this? Will any of these markets actually be looking for my type of writing style? And I'm worried of copywrite problems, someone stealing your story? Are these genuine problems or am I just being paranoid? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Archer said:
Hi, I'm new and was just reading some of the things writers around here have been writing and became frightened when I read many of them. None of them seemed to be my style of writing, which is 3rd person fiction, writing short stories in an easy-read form. Much like some of my favorite novelists. I was just thinking should I be worried about this? Will any of these markets actually be looking for my type of writing style? And I'm worried of copywrite problems, someone stealing your story? Are these genuine problems or am I just being paranoid? Thanks to anyone who replies.

I'm not sure what you mean by the way you describe your stories. Roughly 95% of all short stories are written in third person. I really don't know what you mean by "easy-read" form?

As for copyright, no one is going to steal your stories. Why would anyone want them? Unpublished stories simply aren't worth anything.

pixiejuice

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lauraraeamos.com
Archer said:
Will any of these markets actually be looking for my type of writing style?
The easiest way to find a market that suits your style is to find out where your favorite authors have been published, and read those magazines. Chances are that your style has been influenced by them, or is similar to theirs - and if an editor liked them, he may like you as well.

Archer said:
... am I just being paranoid?
Yes.

Archer

thanks, guess I am being a little paranoid. As for my writing style, I don't think I could even begin to explain it, you'd have to read it. Thanks again.

AprilBoo

Good to be back
Registered
Reaction score
There are a lot of freelance article-writers around here, but there are a lot of fiction writers too. Dig around - there's plenty of info that's useful no matter what you are writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.