PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on Aion?

Pepper
09-27-2009, 03:18 AM
My hubby loves online games. I hate online games. So why is it, one week after we've returned from our honeymoon, we're BOTH playing Aion? :tongue

I don't like the idea that we have to pay a subscription for a game that eats truckloads of time. Very bad indeed.

But it's so gosh-darn purdy! :D And you can, like, FLY and stuff. :D :D

Anyone else playing Aion at the moment?

LOG
09-30-2009, 12:59 AM
I can't afford another. I'l probably give the free trial a run once it comes out.

Pepper
10-01-2009, 03:55 AM
We can't afford it either, and we certainly can't afford the Star Wars one that's coming out next year that my man desperately wants.

I'm hoping that a huge run of awesome (normal) games flood the market to distract his attention away from online games for a while. It would save us some money, at least.

In the meantime, I'm doing the whole "I've got your back" in cooperative play. :P

LOG
10-01-2009, 06:09 AM
We can't afford it either, and we certainly can't afford the Star Wars one that's coming out next year that my man desperately wants.

I'm hoping that a huge run of awesome (normal) games flood the market to distract his attention away from online games for a while. It would save us some money, at least.

In the meantime, I'm doing the whole "I've got your back" in cooperative play. :P
D2D turned 5, bunch of games, all $5 each.

whistlelock
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Nope. i was in on the closed beta and it's not a game I want to play.

Robin
10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
It's sooo pretty! My hubby is the same, Pepper- looking for something to hold his attention until Star Wars comes out.

And I didn't see anything interesting on D2D's site that I didn't already have. :(

bearilou
10-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I'm a casual raider on WoW and picked up Aion to give myself a visual break. I like the pretty!

BradyBones
10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
My buddy got in during beta and let me give it a shot. It was beta, so lag was a bit of an issue, but it felt clunky to me. And the constant character yelling was hella annoying. I guess you could turn that off, but it was just one more thing that bothered me.

I actually canceled my WoW subscription recently because I have no desire to log in. Maybe I will give it another shot when the expansion comes out, but I just can't help but think of how big of a waste it is to sit in the game when I could be writing or reading. It's a little weird, to be honest, how suddenly that thought struck me -- as if out of the blue.

bearilou
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I actually canceled my WoW subscription recently because I have no desire to log in. Maybe I will give it another shot when the expansion comes out, but I just can't help but think of how big of a waste it is to sit in the game when I could be writing or reading. It's a little weird, to be honest, how suddenly that thought struck me -- as if out of the blue.

Funny you mention this as I'm going through the same thing right now. It's a chore to sign on and I find that I prefer to concentrate on my writing.

So...it's what I do. I'll soon need a mental break and I'll go back to WoW for that.